Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Collection of vintage Hamilton watch ads

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
Thought I post some scans of my Ads here, since they are not only interesting for watch enthusiasts:
HamAdd.jpg

hamAdd2.jpg

HamAdd3.jpg

HamAdd4.jpg

HamAdd5.jpg

HamAdd6.jpg

HamAdd7.jpg

HamAdd8.jpg

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
Talbot said:
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know that Hamilton made a reverso. That would have to be a fairly uncommon item I guess.

And a rare one today. The last Otis I saw sold in the 'bay reached more than 1100 $ and some weeks before that another one in a bad shape was sold for 888 $. Since they even were only gold filled, it's a good price (considering that most solid gold Hamies from the 1940s during the last months were sold for less than that).

DecoDahlia

Familiar Face
Great scans Unlucky Berman! You have a nice collection of vintage Hamilton ads, which are interesting to see. I actually have a Hamilton "Otis" reverso which I inherited from my maternal grandfather (see photos below). Hamilton had to stop producing this model because Jaeger-LeCoultre held the patent on the reverso mechanism and design, so they sued Hamilton to stop production of this model, which is why there are so few of them. I had photos of this watch up before in the "show us your watches" thread, but took them down.

WatchHamilton.jpg

Otis1.jpg

Not the best shot, but the best I could capture.

Otis4.jpg

WatchHamilton2.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Those ads are just stunning and so sweet to read! People don't advertise stuff so lovingly anymore. And even without the text, the pictures themselves are works of art!

Fewer things on earth are as personal as a good watch. These ads drive that sentiment home.

And of course, you know they're good watches...

Hamilton: The Watch of Railroad Accuracy:

3733005351_144205c433.jpg

Talbot

One Too Many
Wow, DecoDahlia,

Thanks for posting. What a fabulous watch!

I can see the similarity to the Jaeger Lecoultre. I think Cyma produced a reverso, as did Rotary recently. The Rotary unity was, alas, quartz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21