Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A couple dresses for sale...

Kim_B

Practically Family
First we have this cute little brown dress...I am assuming it was handmade as there are no tags to be found. Cute little buttons, and matching belt included.
IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

Measurements (flat and as accurate as possible):
Arm pit to Arm pit = 19.5"
Waist = 15"
Hips = 21.5-22"
Armholes = 6.5"
Shoulder to Shoulder = 14.75
Length from Waist = 25"

I'm only asking $25 including shipping for this one. Nothing wrong with it (that I can tell, just doesn't fit).

-----------------------------------------
This next dress is very pretty, but it just isn't my cup of tea. There is a tag on the jacket, as shown in one of the photos below. It also comes with the matching belt. The only flaws I can find, which were not pointed out to me when I purchased the dress, are tiny holes in the skirt portion (photos below). It appears to have been mended at some time, using part of the inside hem as patches.
dsp_dsc04600.jpg

dsp_dsc04595_1168487880.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

Measurements (flat, and as accurate as possible):
Arm pit to Arm pit = 21"
Waist = 19.5"
Hips 20.5"
Armholes = 7"
Shoulder to Shoulder = 16.5"

Jacket Measurements:
Arm pit to Arm pit = 22"
Arm Length = 22"
Shoulder to Shoulder = 17"

I am asking $35 for this one, including shipping since there is more bulk compared to the other dress.

PM me if you're interested!

Thanks!

Kim_B

Practically Family
I'm bumping this back up...I need to get rid of these! They are taking up precious room in my closet! lol

I'll even drop the price on both to $20 including shipping...

Jackiej

New in Town
Dresses

Hi Kim,

I am still kind of new to the sizes, if you had to guess, would it be a small? I wear a 3/4.

Thanks,

Jackie

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Jackiej said:
Hi Kim,

I am still kind of new to the sizes, if you had to guess, would it be a small? I wear a 3/4.

Thanks,

Jackie

Jackie, the armpit to armpit measurement is 21 inches flat, which means you double it to find the true measurement. That means the bust of the dress is about 42 inches. If you double the waist, that would be a measurement of 40 inches. These measurements would be close to a 12 modern, I think.

The best thing to do is take a dress you have that you like the way it fits. Lay it flat on the floor, and take a measurement across the waist, and across the bust at the level of the armpits. Some other measurements may also be useful, like the shoulder to shoulder measurement, to make sure the dress won't be so tight that you can't move your arms. Also, if you are high or short waisted, the distance from the armpit to the waist will make sure the waist won't be around your hips or the middle of your ribcage.

Write this information down for future reference. That way, when you see measurements listed, you can compare them and get an idea if the dress would be huge, small, or just right :)

Kim_B

Practically Family
Gosh, I'm so sorry I didn't see this the other day! Since I started my new job, I just haven't had the time to browse the boards like I used to (which has been very good for my bank account, incidentally!) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo