Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Family at War

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Just bought this great TV series from the early 70's on DVD. A bargin!
Looking foreward to be reunited with the Ashton family one of these days.
Anybody else remember it? ...."I will put the kettle on!" No matter what, they had a cuppa.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Just watched the first 3 episodes. And I am happy to say, that they still hold up.
Not just as a sweet re-union. The drama, the story and the acting is quite good. Looking forward to many good hours now.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Symphony No. 6, first movement, if I remember correctly (I wasn't so much ino 'real music' then as I am now. I remember Richard Briers, Linda Bellingham and Tenniel Evans in the cast, but am I misremembering Peter Finch?

kampkatz

Practically Family
A Family at War was aired by PBS in the New York area in 1975 an 1976. I was so hooked on it that, as a newly-wed, I annoyed my young bride:eek: (still my life's joy) by refusing to do anything else when the show came on TV. Looking back, I do see that I might have been a bit selfish(and fortunate that she didn't hit me over the head with a frying pan). I would welcome seeing it again on DVD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn