Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A favor I'll do for Fedora Lounge Members

Pilgrim

One Too Many
After some reflection, I've decided that since I own two vacuum tube testers, I should do something with them more than once every five years.

Accordingly, here's the offer I'll make: if you're a Fedora Lounge member with a tube radio and you need the tubes tested, I will do it for you at no charge.

You will need to pull out the tubes, package them carefully and ship them to me; you'll need pay the shipping both ways, AND you'll need to be patient, as it may take me a few days to find time to run the tests.

So - there it is. If you want to avail yourself of this offer, PM me first to make arrangements. You will need to package and pad the tubes well: I'd recommend using sheet styrofoam and wrapping each tube in it (like a burrito), but there are other good options. A stout carton would do for a container.

This offer may be retracted at any time if I get overloaded with requests, or if I find that it's turning into a general pain. But I thought I ought to at least take a shot at it and see if I can help some people here. :D

Sunny

One Too Many
What a generous offer! I'd take you up on it if I had one. Someday... :) I'll watch this thread, to ensure I can find it again. Thanks for being willing to do this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters