Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fedora sighting?¢‚Ǩ¬¶

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Doing some shopping (Beer, Chips, Whiskey) for a big night of watching some History Channel and maybe some clever adds. In the Chip isle there?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a guy wearing a well-blocked fedora, a dark blue suit and a gray trench coat that matched his lid?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ well-polished shoes.

Of course, I said to him: ?¢‚Ǩ?ìEhee?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ nice lid.?¢‚Ǩ? He responded?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ ?¢‚Ǩ?ìThanks, yours too?¢‚Ǩ¬¶?¢‚Ǩ? He had a real New York or Chicago way about him. Hard-jawed metropolitan way about him. His wife was a real doll.

In the parking lot I saw him and his wife packing up the SUV, I checked out the license plates?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ being a boarder town they could be locals from either state.

I wanted to say something, let him know there were more of us out there but he didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t seem too receptive and they seemed rushed. I didn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t want to do anything that would discourage this guy from wearing fedora?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s by making a scene. It just feels good to know that in this neighborhood I might not be alone.

After telling my wife what happened and that I just don?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t feel unique, she said that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s impossible. Many folks may be striving to look like the real deal, I it. We go hiking, exploring old abandoned parts of New England and old roadbeds, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m always the first to try something new and outgoing... There?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s now way I could never be anything but unique.

?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ There?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s a complement in there for me somewhere. Regardless, it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s great knowing that some aspects of The Golden Age are coming back for some of us.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What a pleasant tale

I really enjoyed that. I usually am more foreward to those as you described ..and in a very complimentary and enthusiastic fashion.

I didn't know you did the hike, woods thing. Got a digital camera? Maybe we can post photos of "where I went today" or "this is where I live"...type of thing.

I live in a suburban type area, some middle class, and very close, extreme upper class. Maybe I can share a photo or two... and on the other side of the coin, I'd love to see photos you have in "your neck of the woods".

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Here in Ecuador, on the coast, noone dresses up, too hot. A straw hat, a 4 pocket "Cuban" shirt, and a beer are normal. In the highlands it is trenchoats, tailored suits, and the occasional lid. The indigenous always wear lids, be they Panama hats or felt fedora. They used to be marked by their Patron by whatever hat and clothing they had...the tradition continues.

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Re: What a pleasant tale

Originally posted by Andykev
I'd love to see photos you have in "your neck of the woods".

This is basicly where I live and the last snow storm we got:

http://home.earthlink.net/~ecfisk/SNOW/

Jacket.jpg

This was taken JUST before the leaves started to turn. This is me at my best. I'm not complete unless I'm out on the trail and seeing things that I've never seen before. No phones, no internet, no TV... just reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24