Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A generic eBay vest - I'm tempted, help me

Jerekson

One Too Many
Maybe it's the whiskey talking, but I'm half-tempted to just buy one of these things and see what it looks like in person.

This vest pops up on my eBay feed ALL the flubbing time.
Obviously some sort of generic China factory piece, since there's about 100 different sellers all with the same photo and identical Engrish description.

I mean I would NOT expect any type of real quality here at all, but dang does that photo look good and it's something I would probably only use for photoshoots anyway...and maybe a flattrack race or two...

They claim hassle-free money-back guarantee. That's certainly tough talk.

Anyone here know any more about this thing?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Maybe it's the whiskey talking, but I'm half-tempted to just buy one of these things and see what it looks like in person.

[/URL][/URL]

This vest pops up on my eBay feed ALL the flubbing time.
Obviously some sort of generic China factory piece, since there's about 100 different sellers all with the same photo and identical Engrish description.

I mean I would NOT expect any type of real quality here at all, but dang does that photo look good and it's something I would probably only use for photoshoots anyway...and maybe a flattrack race or two...

They claim hassle-free money-back guarantee. That's certainly tough talk.

Anyone here know any more about this thing?
It's a clone of the Freewheelers Bridgeport vest, which caught my eye earlier in this year. There was a thread on it in Outerwear.

I picked up a real Freewheelers, and it's really nice. The knockoffs cost about 10% as much, and you could find them from a few different makers in different leathers.

I was tempted as well, but the cheap Chinese leather often photographs better than it looks in person, and Chinese sellers often mix in stolen photos of the real thing with the photos of what they're actually selling, which is misleading and unethical. So you never know what you're actually going to get. But some of the Chinese stuff is decent enough to be worth what you paid for it.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
It's a clone of the Freewheelers Bridgeport vest, which caught my eye earlier in this year. There was a thread on it in Outerwear.

I picked up a real Freewheelers, and it's really nice. The knockoffs cost about 10% as much, and you could find them from a few different makers in different leathers.

I was tempted as well, but the cheap Chinese leather often photographs better than it looks in person, and Chinese sellers often mix in stolen photos of the real thing with the photos of what they're actually selling, which is misleading and unethical. So you never know what you're actually going to get. But some of the Chinese stuff is decent enough to be worth what you paid for it.

Yes, this is the problem. With the Freewheelers, the likelihood is I couldn't fit into their top end size even if I could afford it..... A number of these knock-off versions do sell my size, but there is so much variation in spec (cow, lamb, sheep leather....) and such a variety of sellers all using the same photos, it's always been too big a risk. I mean, they're not by any means *expensive*, relative to TFL norms, but it's still a lot more than I could justify losing. Returns policies are all very well, but once you take international shipping into account, rarely worth it IME.

If a known quantity produced these with reliable sizing, that would be attractive.

Also long been looking at this one on Amazon:
1671801912996.png

Slightly pricier again, though: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09KRBS...colid=1S49E7HJGWYKH&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21