Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A hat question!!!

Drea

New in Town
I wanted to make a vintage head piece with flowers and stuff..or maybe a pill box hat.. and I was wondering where I could find that special netting that is sometimes used that drapes over your face from the hat..could I just get it at a craft store??? thank you for your help!!!
xoxo

Drea

New in Town
Thanks so much for your help!!! for some reason I couldn't remember for the life of me what it was called which probably made it harder when I tried searching for it on the internet!! thank you guys again :)

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I've seen some netting on eBay before but I need to find somewhere for felt and wire that will ship to the UK, has anyone got any websites they use that are good?

xxx

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Handy tip

If your hat netting has gotten all limp and you want to revive it, iron it between two sheets of waxed paper (waxy sides in) and it will stiffen it!

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
I actually found some hat netting in a store in Birmingham the other day - if anyone wants to pick anything up it's on the second floor of Fancy Silks which is down by the markets next to the Bullring - they've got a pretty good selection, now I just need to track down some felt and the right gauge wire ^-^ xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner