Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A jackethead's progress: My Aero goat A-2

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Fish: The goat is medium-thin (thinner between thumb and finger than my Cooper goats). The sleeves accordion nicely and the jacket doesn't feel at all heavy on the body.

'H': VLJ is a web forum dedicated to classic leather outerwear, mostly the flying and cycling types. At one point we were discouraged from linking to it on FL, so PM me and I'll send the address.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:
Fish: The goat is medium-thin (thinner between thumb and finger than my Cooper goats). The sleeves accordion nicely and the jacket doesn't feel at all heavy on the body.

'H': VLJ is a web forum dedicated to classic leather outerwear, mostly the flying and cycling types. At one point we were discouraged from linking to it on FL, so PM me and I'll send the address.

I'm a convert to the FL....It's not for everyone, but it might be for you. Lots of great guys over there, but it's not moderated quite the same as it is here. Not saying either one is better than the other. I'm just saying different strokes. I favor the job done by the moderators here as apposed to over there. Good luck! :)

fishmeok

Vendor
Fletch said:

I noticed the cut and design seem a bit different too- look at the pocket flaps and collar-I really like the cow (now that I know what it is- the weight of the jacket makes sense now) but I think the goat would be more wearable.

If you look at the front view of my jacket where the collar is sticking up you can see how thick the leather is. I'll post the review I did on the VLJ- it has several close up details.

What color is the stiching on the Seal version?
Cheers
Mark

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The thread is light OD. Kinda striking against the seal actually.

858838725_8ac665144e_o.jpg

You can also see how the seal dye reveals to russet at the collar edge. And a better look at the tasty grain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80