Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

a little harmless venting

Bruce A. Fulmer

New in Town
Blocking bidders

When I discover a bidder has been an eBay paininthedonkey, especially with unusual amounts of negative feedback given by him, I use the block bids and/or block bidder feature. Seems straightforward to use. However, understand when you block a bidder, ALL his bids on an item are removed and the other bids are reshuffled to a lower amount. One guy had two usernames and I had to fool around and do it twice on the same items!

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman, I've made a maximum bid on some item before with no plan to go higher. It was a reasonably high bid but not over my percieved value of the item. Certainly it could have looked like I was a ringer padding the bid but putting in a maximum bid is what an auction is all about isn't it? Some people don't get it and think THEIR bid at the opening price should stand or they'll have a hissy fit.

I made one bid, my maximum of $50 from an opening of $25. I was out bid and the item went for $115, far more than I wanted to pay. Sure if I hadn't bid the item may have gone for far less but, as you say, that's what auction bidding is all about.[huh]

RedPop4

One Too Many
Panamabob said:
I get that treatment on ebay about 5 times a year. Most people expect soft straw hats not to be perfect. Some don't and do the neutral or negative thing. I hate to admit it, but I only return feedback now.

If we didn't have people in Ecuador who need jobs, we wouldn't even bother with ebay.
What about those of us who want good hats at a FAIR price? ;) Don't leave us to Brent Black.

doggieboy

New in Town
Dinerman said:
God- I seem to be a nut magnet as of late.
I just got this from someone.

:rage:

You must of gotten that message from a Communist country. They obviously don't understand the free market. If it's any consulation to you, they are obviously a really miserable individual and quite jealous of your fine collection of hats.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
God- I seem to be a nut magnet as of late.
I just got this from someone.

any special reason why you ran up the price of a hat you dodnt need? think i may contact ebay !

You know, D-man, I was just wondering about the wording on this. That is to say, wondering how he came to the conclusion that it was a hat you don't need. Was it because you bid just so much and no more? Or because he's seen your auctions and knows you're selling as well as buying? Or (shudder) is it someone who's been lurking here in the lounge? I say lurking because we've gotten to know some of our fellow Lounger eBay handles and if it was someone posting here you may have recognized his.

Not that it's worth losing any sleep over! lol

How's the testing going?

Cheers,
Tom

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I dunno how he knows. I certainly hope he's not a lurker. That'd just be creepy.
As far as need, who really needs more that one hat? Pretty much no one. It's not a necessity or anything, but hey, we all want what we want.
Dealing is a lot of fun, I make enough money to sustain my habit, and I get to handle a lot of interesting hats. Some are jems, some are trashed, but they're all cool in their own way.

Testing's going great.
Physics was a little rough, but no one else I talked to thinks they did well. Either it was a really hard test, or everyone who took it, including me, are idiots.
English was a breeze, even though it was a 4 hour test.
I have World History tomorrow, It's not going to be a problem.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Being a Tech Custome Service Supervisor I see a lot of irate people that just want someone to be upset at. Don't worry about it DM.... and I love your pictures and being from the NYC area I love Diners myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot