Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Loose Affiliation of Ribbons Niether Wide nor Thin

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
5729068458_3a9e14c744_b.jpg

I love the ribbon work on that hat, Steve! Excellent! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Viper Man

Banned
Looks like a Wide Ribbon to me...
the origin of this thread states = "Let's see those kind-of-thin-but-not-really-thin-enough-to-be-considered-thin-ribboned hats."

If you say so, champ. Obviously you're the expert. It doesn't look any wider than the Adam or the Squatter that was posted above it but feel free to call me out if it makes you feel like a man.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks but have you ever seen a VS that wasn't?

Very good point, while I obviously like some VS styles more than others, all of Mr. Fawcett's creations are special . I really like the Natural felt used for your hat and the ribbon colour just goes really well with it.

Viper Man

Banned
Very good point, while I obviously like some VS styles more than others, all of Mr. Fawcett's creations are special . I really like the Natural felt used for your hat and the ribbon colour just goes really well with it.

Thanks for the kind words. IIRC, I asked Art for a 14-16 ligne 'midnight brown' with a 4 ligne binding matching the felt. The ribbon on this hat is exactly 1.5". Is that really considered wide?

Same with this Luckenwalder Hutfabrik Velour. I have a few other hats (Italian, German, Austrian) with this ribbon width.

5456975760_7aac00d2d4_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21