Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Nancy Drew movie?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Maybe it's just that she's lanky...the skirt doesn't really look short in general, just on her. Maybe I'm just getting old and crotchety.

Its the belt. Its at her hips, not to her waist. Too 'contemporary', like with Superman Reurns' red undies. They were low rise :eusa_doh:

*oh geeze, listen to me*

LD

Jovan

Suspended
Lady Day said:
Its the belt. Its at her hips, not to her waist. Too 'contemporary', like with Superman Reurns' red undies. They were low rise :eusa_doh:

*oh geeze, listen to me*

LD
At least he had a three piece suit. [huh]

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I think whenever a movie is made of a character we really like we are going to wish something was done differntly. Don't get me started on Remo Williams.;)
Secondly, it seems the movie makers always want to update and change the characters yet want the character for name recognition.

My hope is it will still be a good movie and hopefully it will get new fans for the Nancy Drew books.

Sincerely,
the Wolf

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Don't let me vote. I'm all about Anne Hathaway. When I first saw the poster, I thought it was her. I would have waited in line.

A blonde detective....

Trickeration

Practically Family
I have to agree with LizzieMaine and goldwyn girl. Bonita Granville is the only Nancy for me. We have the original 4 movies on VHS and watch them over and over. I love Ted's double talk!

I just watched the trailer for the new movie on IMDB (I'd just seen the tv one before). Now is it just me, or does Nancy act confident and serious around her dad and Ned, and perky and clueless around her school friends? [huh]

Miss Neecerie - Trixie Belden is the best! :eusa_clap I've read at least 30 of the books.

How about the movie "The Moonspinners" with Haley Mills?

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I loved Nancy Drew when I was a child...read every book by the
time I was 7 or 8 years old.

I have watched a couple of the 1930's Nancy Drew flix, however
the actress who portrayed Nancy Drew really annoyed me.
I didn't find her to be a clever girl with style at all.

I saw the previews for this Nancy Drew and I have to assume
this is Nancy Drew at age 14? She looks so young, however
she seems smart and I like that. Looks like a new twist on
an older character. Should be interesting to see what unfolds.

As for the 1970's version of Nancy Drew. Well...didn't fit my
image either, but it was campy in the same way most 70's
shows were, and I enjoy that for 'campy's sake...:p

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Tom Corbett, Space Cadet

LizzieMaine said:
A whole night full of classic Warners Nancy Drew movies with Bonita Granville tonight, starting at 8 Eastern time! See how it *should* be done!
I'll be watching!!! BTW, for chaps of a certain very narrow age range, who remember early live kids TV (that's from like 1947 till 1955 only) Frankie Thomas, who played Nancy's boyfriend, Ted, was later the original Space Cadet on "Tom Corbett, Space Cadet", from 1950 to 55. LOVED that show!!!

Dagwood

Practically Family
The family went to see Nancy Drew today. Not too bad. The dad wears a great hat and Nancy wears a lot of knitted clothes. Nancy is made fun of by her peers because they view her as something out of the '50's - i.e. her clothes and values (sound familiar??). In the end, though, she wins them over and solves the case. Good family fun, cute movie. I would recommend it.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
A whole night full of classic Warners Nancy Drew movies with Bonita Granville tonight, starting at 8 Eastern time! See how it *should* be done!

You know...being an avid reader of the Nancy Drew stories as a child
I visualized a very smart & independent girl. When I saw a classic Nancy
Drew movie with Bonita Granville I was VERY disappointed.
I thought she didn't appear very smart or independent. I think someone
that had a bit more of an edge to their personality would have done
a better job. The stories themselves were fine, but with Bonita playing Nancy...
I just could not buy it.

And To Dagwood ~ Thx for the review. I am interested to see how this movie is.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Nevr having read any of the books, I love the films. Go figure.
I did read some of the Tom Swift books. I started with Tom Swift Jr, an obviously manufactured series, but still fun. Then someone in my 5th grade class brought in some of the original editions of the original Tom Swift. Very cool. Tom Swift and his Electric Runabout. Etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy