Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A new one from Art

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
What WeeGee said...

Thanks Gents!!!
Weegee was one of the first fellows to take the leap and have me build a hat for so I think I have a feel for his taste. If it's new, different, edgy, and classy...it's WeeGee all over!! I cant tell you how much fun it is when someone I know well tells me.."Surprise me" This one genuinely DID.
I'm thrilled so many of you like it. It IS different, but, that's the point.
You wear it well Sir and is extremely complimented by the presence of your wife in the pic.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
WEEGEE said:
It was a total surprise as Art was given carte blanche to be the Artist he be.

I would highly recommend any of Art's repeat customers to give Art the green light on creating a mystery hat as well.

Wonderful hat, Weegee! Looks like it was made for you! lol

I've not had Art make a hat for me yet, but I was considering doing the same thing when I do so. I did something similar with a jeweler I used to go to in South Carolina. My father had given my wife a rather large amythest that he had cut/faceted. Rhonda was afraid it would look to bulky or heavy in a ring. I took it in, started to tell the jeweler what I might want, then told him to do it however he thought best.

That was the best move I could have made. The ring he designed is gorgeous! That convinced me that sometimes it's best to step back and let an artist/craftsman do what they do best. :eusa_clap

In an aside for Art: Looks like I'll be out there the first part of October. We'll be on the Rogue the 5th - 8th. I'll make sure I give myself some extra time to come out and see you.

Cheers,
Tom

carter

I'll Lock Up
We'll be on the Rogue the 5th - 8th.

Art, GREAT Hat! Aren't they all?
You know, I confused the dickens out of you when I bought that 7 1/4 Templeform by Stylepark off EBay. You know what, it's too small but I really like the hat. I know I have two in the pipeline but we may be talking three soon.
Tango Yankee, I see you're going to be on the Rogue in early October. I have a question. Do you know anything about a Rogue 200 Spinning Reel? I recently bought one in Near Mint condition from an estate in South Carolina. It's a BIG Reel. Looks like it was made for Salmon.
Back on Topic: The Hat Looks Awesome.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Looks like that date would work perfectly Tango, I'm gone the last weekend in Sept but will be here to give you the tour. Got room on the boat?:D
BNC..your hat is on the block as I write. This last week has been a bit rough for hatwork but it looks to be settling down so I'm back at it.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You definitely know how to wear a hat WEEGEE! You are a lot more adventurous than I and you can do those color combos justice. Congrats, I am not that brave:eek: I love the rust colored accent.

analogist

One of the Regulars
Classy Hat, Classy Guy!

Brother Weegee;

The quality of the hat is without question. The elegance of the owner is an iron-clad given,

but there is one question........

I notice that only Ms.Weegee's left hand is visible. Is perhaps the reason for this is that out of view, she is clutching a Smith and Wesson Model 60 belly gun in her right hand? Drop us a line to indicate you are still among the living.

Wear it well!

analogist

Razzman

One Too Many
Very cool hat Weegee. I really like the color and the ribbon treatment.
Congratulations to both you and Art.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
i know why your wife is smiling WeeGee.....she knows the shoeshine boy will say...the only way to improve that hat is to have such a beautiful intelligent young lady right next to you and then the hat takes second place in the photo......

pssssst........did i do good ????

mark the shoeshine boy

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Did good !!!

mark the shoeshine boy,

Yes, you did good ....my hat karma is at infinitude...thanks to you!

analogist
Brother Weegee;

but there is one question........

I notice that only Ms.Weegee's left hand is visible. Is perhaps the reason for this is that out of view, she is clutching a Smith and Wesson Model 60 belly gun in her right hand? Drop us a line to indicate you are still among the living.

I live another day...I had a DSW Shoes gift card in my left hand.

DOUGLAS,

You wear the hats in this house (Lounge)!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dinerman and Razzman...thanks man among man/men!:)

Scotrace you are a guy with most class.

J.B.

Practically Family
bolthead said:
...I also like the height of the crown on this PorkPie, most are much shorter and the raw edge on the brim sets it off nicely.
This hat is perfect for you. I must say Art definitely knows you well.
Great job Mr. Fawcett. :eusa_clap

Concur! :) AFAIC the "tall porkpie" look of this new lid just absolutely blasts WEEGEE and Art into the Stratosphere of Cool ! :arated:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy