Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A suprise for vintage shavers...

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
...at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Our local B3 has been reworked and has a toiletries section. In it I found three brands of safety razor blades and Palmolive in the tube.

The carried the Wilkinson Sword blades made in Germany (probably by Mercur).

They also carried the drug store quality brushes and soaps.

It's great to get some products without having to go to the web.

EvenOdd

New in Town
Ahh, cool. The only shaving stuff I've seen in a store has been Personna blades at the drug store, Crabtree & Evelyn creams/soaps/brushes, and Body Shop or some variation carried C.O.Bigelow mint shaving cream (repackaging of Proraso). Let's add this to the list.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
As a...

...postscript, I used the Palmolive and the Wilkinson Sword blades. I got a very close shave vice the Derby or Israeli blades I regularly use. I was pleasantly surprised with the nice lather from the Palmolive too.

The Palmolive was $1.99 and the blades were five for $0.99.

I've used the American Personnas and the Bigelow/Proraso myself. They worked, but it's nice to have a choice.

Not bad.

MB5

One of the Regulars
Can you post the UPC of the Wilkinson Blades? My local B3 does not carry them, but it is a smaller store.

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Sorry brother...

MB5 said:
Can you post the UPC of the Wilkinson Blades? My local B3 does not carry them, but it is a smaller store.

...but the outer package is gone. The inner package doesn't have any data. If I get back to B3 area in the next few days, I'll PM you with the data.

Baggers

Practically Family
Mid-fogey said:
...at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Our local B3 has been reworked and has a toiletries section. In it I found three brands of safety razor blades and Palmolive in the tube.

Are you referring to the brushless shave cream? Do you recall if the tube had green printing?

If so, I'm making a trip the the nearest location. All my usual sources stopped stocking it 3 or 4 months ago for some reason. I thought they'd discontinued it.

Cheers!

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
It's the Red

tube. It doesn't say "brushless" it says: "Lather Shaving Creme"

When you use it, the product is green. It works pretty well. I not sure I like it as well as I like my Trumpers Lime, but at 1/7th the price for a tube that's twice as big, well...

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I've got two 20% off coupons for BB&B, but I can't find the razors, other than the electric ones. Is there a specific section they seem to be stocking them in?

panamag8or

Practically Family
Baggers said:
Are you referring to the brushless shave cream? Do you recall if the tube had green printing?

If so, I'm making a trip the the nearest location. All my usual sources stopped stocking it 3 or 4 months ago for some reason. I thought they'd discontinued it.

Cheers!

I also thought they had discontinued the Palmolive. There was a huge thread about it on B&B.

Mid-fogey, what were the other blades? I'm about out of Swedish Gillettes, and fear the prospect of having to buy American Personnas.

Also, the C.O. Bigelow was mentioned earlier. It is made by Proraso, but it is missing 2 ingredients that regular Proraso has, and it doesn't smell right to me.:mad:

Baggers

Practically Family
SUCCESS!!!

Just got back from my local BB&B and it was the brushless shave cream in the fat green and white plastic tube. There were three on the shelf and I grabbed all of them. Also picked up two packs of the Wilkinson Sword blades.

Thanks for the tip, Mid-Fogey. :eusa_clap

Cheers! :cheers1:

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Intersting...

...my Palmolive was the red, not the green and not the brushless.

Sorry, but I only remember the Wilkinson Sword blades. They are wicked sharp though.

Target seems to be phasing out Proraso. Several months ago our local was having a close out sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ