A tale of two Storm Riders

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by El Marro, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

I once had a vintage Lee Storm Rider in great condition. I didn’t understand the short length at that time and sold it. Been kicking myself lately over that.

Congratulations on your purchases. They look great.

El Marro likes this.
  2. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

I always look at these fantastic jackets at work and when I get home, I forget to comment. Both are brilliant. Ciano came out great. Fantastic lining. The classic Lee is of course awesome too. Brown collar works so well on indigo.

El Marro and Edward like this.
  3. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Thanks Gamma!
    If you ever decide to buy another one I would look at the Japanese repro’s They get all of the important details right with a bit of added length

4. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Thanks Monitor!
    I know you take your denim jackets seriously so this is high praise coming from you

Monitor likes this.
  5. Gamma68

Gamma68 One Too Many

The shorter length wouldn’t bother me now. It did at the time but that was when I didn’t “get it.” I have hopes of finding a gently used USA version (with no hand warmers) on eBay at some point. Size 40 if anyone has one for a good home.

El Marro likes this.
  6. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

There’s a near deadstock condition one in size 44 on eBay located in the US.

I too prefer no hand warmers as it just looks better to my eyes but it’s undeniable that they are really useful and sometimes I unconsciously reach for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

I actually don’t miss the hand warmer pockets but I wish both jackets had an inside pocket for my reading glasses.

8. Dbrn

Dbrn Familiar Face

That powder blue is pretty stunning - awesome commission and congrats on both!

El Marro likes this.
  9. ducatimonster

ducatimonster Familiar Face

Thanks to El Marro I ended buying the Lee Storm Rider at the same japanese site but in 40 size. :)
    This one is Japan made, and as far as I know, all the Lee 101 current jacket collection in european sites are made in Turkey with japanese denim.

El Marro and Monitor like this.
  10. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Let us know what you think when you receive it, I don’t think you will be disappointed The lining on this jacket is so soft and cozy it is really a pleasure to slip on in the morning.