Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A tale of woe Part V Court day

gobler

One of the Regulars
The times we live in

:rage: Well as if my current situation was not bad enough, last night at roughly 10:45 PM I hear a knock on our front door. It's a neighbor of ours with a flashlight running door-to-door getting us out of the house. It seems that not more then twenty minutes before some one had walked through our neighborhood and cut the tires on 25 (yes, twenty five) cars. Our next-door had all four of his cars hit, we had the three ect. The police were called and they took a report from each car owner. To give you an idea on the type of neighborhood this is (was) the last incident was 20 years ago and that was a break in. The fool broke into the chief of polices' house... My best friend who lives across the street is the son of our Mayor yeah our Mayor live across the street so you think you’d feel really safe...All the officers were super nice and jokingly said if they caught the guy he would gladly hand him over to us ;) Things are so much different then when I was a kid growing up here. I feel that our neighborhood has lost the last of its innocence. :rage: :cry:

Jeff

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I'm sure they do, but I would be surprised if they did it. Probably some rotten little punk that has had his butt wiped for him since day one. Here in Texas You really don't want to be messing with someones property after dark, especially if your on private property. This kind of behavior will earn you a dirt nap real fast down here.

Gobler, that's what insurance is for. My neighborhood had a similar incident about a year ago. Cops found the little creeps who got off with community service.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh man! 25 cars were vandalized? What a bad thing that is! What's the purpose behind a random act of auto vandalism! There's no motive that I can think of. Maybe it was the jerks at the impound yard. But, why would they slash other people’s tires?

Man, things just don't seem to be going your way my friend. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!

Root.

Marlowe

One of the Regulars
You might want to read up on the powers of Citizen's Arrest before you go invoking it. I seem to recall it being only for felonies. That would discourage people from trying to arrest each other over misdemeanors like speeding, parking in handicapped spaces, taking their dog to the beach, passing on the right, getting married while gay, drinking a beer in public, "watering the weeds," spitting on the sidewalk...

gobler

One of the Regulars
Yeah my first thought was "Tow Truck Guy" But the crime went around the block to another street. I don't think they could be THAT dumb, considering if they were caught I'd end up owning his grandchild’s income. No I think it may have been an initiation by a gang or something. I just appreciate you folks letting me vent my frustrations.

:cheers1:

Jeff

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
If you play your cards right you may very well own his grandchild's income.

You have a very good case against the guy. You need to start keeping a record of your witnesses to include the cop. I would sue the crap out of the miscreant. Let's see...Ciriminally you have at least Assault and Battery and Malicious Destruction of Property and possibly Felony Theft. I'm sure a good Civil Trial Lawer could advise you on the your civil case.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
gobler said:
Yeah my first thought was "Tow Truck Guy" But the crime went around the block to another street. I don't think they could be THAT dumb, considering if they were caught I'd end up owning his grandchild’s income.
Well, if they did just you, then you might have some kind of probable cause to assume they did it, but if it's the neighborhood's cars too, then that could make them less of a suspect. Hence that's would be a reason why they would do more than just your car.

No I think it may have been an initiation by a gang or something. I just appreciate you folks letting me vent my frustrations.
Very well could be!

gobler

One of the Regulars
Too serve "a" man...

Well today I filed the court papers and paid the Sheriff to serve "Tow Truck Man" the subpoena. The info I have on this cockroach will crush him. I talked to the Traffic Sergeant in the city he lives/works in and man, did the Serge go off on this guy. It seams the PD has been trying to get the Tow Truck man for years but the CA legislation is really hampering the police. But the officer gave me a lot of info and areas to look into :) My day in court is April 6th, please say a prayer or wish me luck.

Jeff

gobler

One of the Regulars
Whew!! What a day. I just got back from court; it's now 4:45 PST as I write this. Well, I was really hoping that the guy would not show or forget but he did arrive LATE ;) I presented my case and evidence and answered the judge’s questions. Then his turn...let's just say the only thing he was prepared for was the towing and what he had was weak. I had the letter from the Rite-Aid manager (which the judge really questioned this guy about) my broken camera and a witness. He was very confused sounding when he spoke and kept repeating he was allowed to tow. When the judge questioned him about the battery (him hitting me) he was very surprised the guy hit me. He really treated that very seriously. Tow truck guy lied and first said he did not touch me but after several questions by the judge admitted he "may have touched the camera" :kick: All in all I thought I had a very solid case..Now the wait. I get the ruling in a few weeks. And now :beer: Ahhh.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points