Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A visit to shoe maestro, Pierre Corthay ...

speedmaster

New in Town
Stumbled onto this earlier this morning, thought some of you guys might like it.

A visit to shoe maestro, Pierre Corthay | Om Malik
"When you think of high-quality, high-end shoes for men, you think of shoes made in England or Italy, thanks in part to brands such as Alfred Sargent, Trickers, Loakes, Santoni and Bontoni. French brands don’t get that much mindshare, even though the French shoemakers hold their own against their European peers."
http://om.co/2013/01/06/corthay/

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Stumbled onto this earlier this morning, thought some of you guys might like it.

A visit to shoe maestro, Pierre Corthay | Om Malik
"When you think of high-quality, high-end shoes for men, you think of shoes made in England or Italy, thanks in part to brands such as Alfred Sargent, Trickers, Loakes, Santoni and Bontoni. French brands don’t get that much mindshare, even though the French shoemakers hold their own against their European peers."
http://om.co/2013/01/06/corthay/

French makers are fabulous. I love JM Weston, especially. Their triple sole models (both the wingtip & the Chasse Norwegian) are some of my favorites from my collection. Thanks for sharing

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I think some of the available market for the nicer line of french made shoes is not noticed as it is rare for the consumer to find them here in the US, but for sure, there are some really wild and exotic looking shoes made in france. The old saying "out of sight, out of mind" fits this so very much, it the shoe lines being made by the french shoe makers would be "viewed" or advertised more to the US Consumers, the sales would without a doubt increase greatly. That in my opinion seems to be the issue, as when do you see a french made shoe in any high end stores or being show cased on television?

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I have a pair of Mephistos and I love them. NOT cheap, but very well made and super comfortable.

Mephistos are nice enough shoes. Sturdy, and "comfort is King" is their mantra. At around $300 a pair, they are not cheap, but also definitely not expensive in the grand scheme of "expensive modern shoes". Even Allen Edmonds has models in the $300 range now. Corthays are a totally different animal, though. At Leffot, they are $1300+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore