Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A2 US Authentic photos?

atkins

Familiar Face
Seal Brown US'A

fortworthgal said:
I probably shouldn't be posting this here, but I just bought my husband a US Authentic horsehide seal brown A2 for Christmas. It arrived today via UPS (and I placed the order last Thursday!) It is dark brown, but definitely not black. I haven't unwrapped it fully, but it looks nice from what I can see. I'm not sure if it feels quite as heavy as my russet or not, I'll have a better idea after he opens it on Christmas Day. I would say it is pretty close in color to a Cooper, since those are the only dark/seal ones I have available for comparison. Like I said, it is definitely brown though. I hope this helps!

Hi , this is my first post here, been "lurking around " to find the perfect A-2. I am new to any forum so please apologize for any unethical manners.

to Fortworthgal: May i see your husband's seal brown jacket from US A'?, been looking for it for months, and thanks to DoctorStrange for the image.

Regards ,Atkins

Anders

One of the Regulars
Greetings Atkins. Welcome to the Lounge!

Here's a Horsehide USA in seal brown I recently received courtesy of another lounger. The outdoor shot shows the most accurate coloring.

a2front.jpg

a2back.jpg

a2worn.jpg

I love the fit of this jacket. I realize that like most modern garments, it might be lacking ideal armhole measurements and other tweaks, but I've been wallowing in my US Wings indy jacket for so long that anything this trim feels quite refreshing.

Atkins, to answer your question from another thread, this is a size 36R, and the shoulder to shoulder measurement is 18.5 inches.

atkins

Familiar Face
Thank you very much Anders

I 'm really having difficulties finding the US'A seal brown image anywhere. Their website doesn't have much photos either. Thank you Anders, Doctor Strange, Fedora Lover, Wingnut, Fortworthgal, and Hunter57.

Best regards,
Atkins

kojax

Practically Family
i am the gentleman that sold you the a2 jacket.......looks very nice fit is good to. thanks again.......

kojax

Practically Family
size of the jacket

anders could you please give me the measurent of the a2 jacket i sold you i hope you are enjoying it......

kowalski

Practically Family
Hi All it my new HH \size 44 :)

I had previously Aeroleather. Unfortunately as I lifted my hands up it back and abdomen were bare, this is not good.Aero A2 it very short jacket for people of small height, in my opinion.It felt like a jacket from younger brother.
Now is very very OK.USAthc A2 is wonderful jacket.

P1080873.JPG P1080855.JPG P1080854.JPG P1080853.JPG

P1080882.JPG P1080878.JPG P1080865.JPG P1080860.JPG

Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
U.S. Authentic is a pretty nice jacket for the price. I find myself wishing I'd saved up for a Real McCoy at the time (they were only around $600), but I'm happy with it all the same. The knits are too dark and the dye lot of my particular jacket is a bit dark as well. The points on the collar aren't as sharp as they should be.

The biggest difference I've noticed on US A's A-2s is that the horsehide is VERY heavy. Compared to original jackets and other repros, it's nearly twice as thick. It'll last forever, but it will also wear differently and be a bit warmer than most A-2s.

47.jpg

58.jpg

That's a Mc Coy's on the left and my U.S. A on the right.

48_small.jpg

How's the US A jacket doing now? Any chance to post some new pic?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi All it my new HH \size 44 :)

I had previously Aeroleather. Unfortunately as I lifted my hands up it back and abdomen were bare, this is not good.Aero A2 it very short jacket for people of small height, in my opinion.It felt like a jacket from younger brother.
Now is very very OK.USAthc A2 is wonderful jacket.

View attachment 25188 View attachment 25189 View attachment 25190 View attachment 25191

View attachment 25183 View attachment 25184 View attachment 25185 View attachment 25186

Very interesting comment, I do feel my Aero A2 is a bit strange in the body length, it's short on the front and long on the back, and the waistline don't cinch, so the front sticks forward a bit. I know this is not true for all of their A2s, this one is odd. However, their small arm hole and perpendicular sleeve attachment should minimize the body lifting, the rotated sleeve panel may have something to do with that.

On the contrary, my very first A2 was a US Authentic, it was pretty large for my size, yet, I can't lift up my arms, couldn't do anything. Otherwise, it is pretty heavy, although the horsehide wasn't dyed through.

kowalski

Practically Family
Hi all
I think that I have for long sleeves and lenght jacket of 2-3 inches
after some thought I decided to return the jacket.I sent it back to the tailor Shaul to shorten sleeves and shroten lenght jacket
I shed lot of weight dozen or so kilograms (9kg) and jacket proved to be slack
I should get it for 2 weeks. I will add photos to compare

What do think about this idea??
ps
photo on the top before shortening

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran