Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AAF Decal on an A-2

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

I personally prefer repro a2s without decal (or really patch for that matter). If I were you, I'd get the RW without it. It's easier to add it than it is to remove it ;) especially if you don't have more than two a2s. Less is best, especially in leather jackets IMO.

Btw just slapped down deposit with JC and feeling on top of the world!! (38 Aero or Dubow 27798 in seal w/purple knits??)

The Dubow is a beautiful jacket, but there's a lot of material around the middle which will make you look fat if you're not pencil-thin.

D

Deleted member 16736

I personally prefer repro a2s without decal (or really patch for that matter). If I were you, I'd get the RW without it. It's easier to add it than it is to remove it ;) especially if you don't have more than two a2s. Less is best, especially in leather jackets IMO.

Btw just slapped down deposit with JC and feeling on top of the world!! (38 Aero or Dubow 27798 in seal w/purple knits??)

I think you're right. I'm going to leave off the decal for now and added it later if I desire. Thanks.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
The Dubow is a beautiful jacket, but there's a lot of material around the middle which will make you look fat if you're not pencil-thin.

Yeah, that's kinda my worry. Tho I had an rmnz Dubow that was just about perfect (except length), but on the other hand I'd like a contract that isn't quite so common.

Either way I'm sure a good consultation with john will produce a perfect jacket.

D

Deleted member 16736

Yeah, that's kinda my worry. Tho I had an rmnz Dubow that was just about perfect (except length), but on the other hand I'd like a contract that isn't quite so common.

Either way I'm sure a good consultation with john will produce a perfect jacket.

My conversation with John produced my Dubow, so you can't just rely on John's word (he recommended the Dubow). Ultimately, you need to try on the jacket first, which John offered to do for me and I stupidly didn't bother. Try on one of his test jackets and see if you like it before you commit. I went with the Roughwear 27752. I know it's a very common repro jacket, but probably for good reason.

tater

New in Town
The critical issue is fit, really. If John says a contract will work, it probably will. The aesthetics... When you are staring at pictures of them tiled across your 30 inch monitor (me, lol) you start obsessing over stuff no one, not even YOU will notice later. It's a "virtual" thing while picking, then frankly they are all awesome. I liked the Perry because JC happened to have one that didn;t fit a customer around my size over a year ago, so I tried it. It didn't fit me, either (it hurt in the pits), but since it was the only one I had seen in the flesh, I wanted another just like it. I was worried I'd not like the Aero... I love it. It could be any pattern at random and I'd bet money I'd like it just the same.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Buzz Rickson website loves decaled jackets

BuzzRickson.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn