Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AAF - Squadron Patches

CBI

One Too Many
I made these recently. I made a number of patches (not these) for the new George Lucas film "Red Tails" about the Tuskegee Airmen. The movie patches I can't post until the movie comes out Dec./Jan. All painted on leather

831st Bomb Squadron - 15th Air Force

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

816th Bomb Squadron - 15th Air Force

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

464th Fighter Squadron - 20th Air Force

IMG_2116-1.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

Dan in Oz

New in Town
Hello CBI,

I'm a newbie in these woods. Looking at purchasing a Good Wear 21996 contract from John and also want the jacket dress with patch/painted. John mentioned he knows of someone who did some work for a movie on the Tuskagee Airman, so I'm assuming its you after reading your posts.

Wanted to PM you but don't have enough privileges.

Hope you could help

Dan

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Welcome, Dan!

There's an extensive Squadron Patch thread laying around here somewhere, and hopefully one of our friendly bartenders will combine with this one.

CBI -- Great patches. I need to contact you about making me a set for the 56FG, including 61st, 62nd, and 63rd FS, What kinda price you lookin' to give felllow loungers??

Brgds,

Fred H.

CBI

One Too Many
Here are a few new creations:

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

The rabbitt has some purple blurrs that are from the camera.

Zemke Fan - PM me for prices (tell me what you are looking for). The summer is about the only time I can tackle orders. 56th FG, love the unit so it would be fun to do. I have some larger "professional" quantity orders I will be doing this summer for one of the premium flight jacket makers as well as some commission work for using these with framed aviation art.

IMG_3983.jpg

Dan in Oz

New in Town
I too would be interested in further details CBI but I can't send PM. If you can email me details would be great. My email is tg.rohsdan@gmail.com

Interested in a painted-on or patch 447th or 816th Bomb Squadron.

Cheers & best wishes from Sydney

Dan

CBI

One Too Many
a few more:

the worn look on the Tuskegee jacket is on purpose, not the paint job falling apart!

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4209.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg

PA210306.jpg

IMG_3833.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

this is a kids jacket

IMG_3765.jpg

FriarTuck

New in Town
1st Tactical Depot Squadron

I'm new here & would like to ask if there is anyone who can locate for me a patch for an A-2 of the 1st Tactical Depot Squadron (1st TDS), USAF, out of Sculthorpe RAF base, 1956-1959 time period. I want to put one on my A-2 in rememberance of my Father who served in that unit....thanks, FriarTuck...please contact me at my email address...waiting4godot@cox.net

FriarTuck

New in Town
USAAF decal on shoulder

My question is....How does one apply the decal to the shoulder of the A-2?... Is it just a matter of soaking the decal in water as one would do with a plastic model decal, or is there more to it than that?...such as using an iron, etc.....FriarTuck

CBI

One Too Many
In regards the decal, there are "kits" you can buy (from Mash Militaria) that include a special sealer, stencil (for applying the sealer and not getting it all over everything), instructions, etc. You really need more than just water to make it stick long term although I am sure some folks have done that.

Bingo

New in Town
Paint

Wow. Nice patches CBI.
I've recently done a couple of A2 jacket nose art paintings. I used acrylic paint as it seems quite flexible and does not smell like oil, or enamel.

I was wondering what type of paint you used for the leather patches?

The A2's are on a blog site.
http://a2jacketnoseart.blogspot.com/

Bingo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner