Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

accompaniment to tobacco

armod

Familiar Face
what drinks or food do you pair your smoke with when you sit back, relax and smoke?

I try not to have anything overpowering with my cigars. just something smooth and sweet, sometimes baileys sometimes a rum or cocktail.

what do you enjoy with what kind of smoke?

High Pockets

Practically Family
I haven't tried Baileys,....but I will, thanks.

I usually enjoy a smooth dark rum with my fovorite cigar, which is any Partagas.

All of the Trappist Ales such as Chimay or Westmalle go very well with any cigar I've tried with them. One problem with the ale is the fact that I have to smoke outside where the temperature is usually quite high, and as a result the beer is always gone long before the cigar is.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Oh yessss!

Belgian beers go very well with cigars I feel. I also like the aforementioned rum angle as well. Pyrat, Zaya, and Ron Zacapa offerings are great pairs as well.
Overall I'm a Bourbon man, but you have to be a little more careful with pairings, it's easy to overwhelm one or the other.
A Partagas Lusitania with Bookers Bourbon though, is divine!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Whenever possible, Kahlúa and coffee with my cigar, and I am fortunate enough to say that the best coffee that I ever had with a cigar was in the company of Scott and Barbigirl.

High Pockets

Practically Family
rmrdaddy said:
Overall I'm a Bourbon man, but you have to be a little more careful with pairings, it's easy to overwhelm one or the other.
A Partagas Lusitania with Bookers Bourbon though, is divine!

:) I'm also a Bourbon man,.....Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve being two of my favorites, and with regard to your statement concerning how easy it is to overwhelm either the cigar or the bourbon, I couldn't agree more.
:D I'll make a note of your recommendation.

Boodles

A-List Customer

I'm rather keen on cigars like Fuente, from about the 8-5-8 grade on up, and many of the Padron products. Along with the cigar, as Mr Tomasso has already said, I enjoy port. For the most part I'm a bourbon man. Just to mention a few, Elijah Craig 12, Maker's Mark, Jim Beam Black, Basil Haden, Knob Creek, Bookers (This is serious stuff), Elmer T Lee, Old Rip Van Winkle, Pappy Van Winkle, Willet's, Noah's Mill, Hirsh, and others. As for other whiskey, I'm just not much of a Scotch whisky man. I'd rather have Irish like Black Bush, Red Breast 12, Bushmill's Malt 10 and 16 or when I'm breaking the bank, Midleton (Most Excellent).

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Don't laugh: Coke.
Something about a snappy cigarillo enriches my experience of "the pause that refreshes."

474984062_5ee6cb2343.jpg

Why do you suppose they sold them in the same places?

anon`

One Too Many
Scotch, cognac, port, Sarlanoix, coffee, any of a number of cocktails or even nothing. For me, a lot of it depends on mood, company and location. And what I've on hand!

One favoured drink I've not tried with a cigar? Ale of any sort. Perhaps I should...

rkwilker

One Too Many
Summertime I am more inclined to go with a Mojito or some Firefly sweet tea vodka (half sweet tea vodka/half spring water on ice with lemon slice). Will also go with a nice Scotch. Wintertime its small batch, single barrell bourbon...on the rocks. All of these choices pair very well with a nice cigar.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Fletch said:
Something about a snappy cigarillo enriches my experience of "the pause that refreshes."

474984062_5ee6cb2343.jpg

Not giving you the business at all Fletch, you are right.
Sugar has a tendency to quell a nicotine overload, especially if you've had a 4 habano day and are working on a 1998 RyJ Cazadore and it's kicking your keister....getting woozy, lunch is coming back up the elevator....:eek:
If you have a Coke at that point, you are golden, I swear!

djhatman

One of the Regulars
armod said:
what drinks or food do you pair your smoke with when you sit back, relax and smoke?

I try not to have anything overpowering with my cigars. just something smooth and sweet, sometimes baileys sometimes a rum or cocktail.

Any thing with alcohol or just a coffee. As far as the food goes that just sounds like a very bad mix.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Scotch or a good port. Just last week tried the chimay ale and was suprised at how much I enjoyed it with a La gloria

J.L. Picard

One of the Regulars
armod said:

Baileys on the rocks is perfect with a great cigar :eusa_clap

J.L. Picard

One of the Regulars
Fletch said:

474984062_5ee6cb2343.jpg

YESSSS..I could not believe it. Coke on the rocks and your cigar express itself in a very attractive way..;)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
armod said:

I'm thinking after dinner...any liqueur... port may be ? .... mint chocolate.... any kind of hand made ,delicious ( european) chocolate! :D

boxedassortment.jpg

stuartk

New in Town
Grand Marnier Cuvee Du Centcinquantenaire

Over the years, I have been lucky to covet a stock of "Grand Marnier Cuvee Du Centcinquantenaire 150yr old".

Awarded a Gold Medal at the Salon des Arts Ménager in 1983 - Brussels, and is the finest type of Grand Marnier. Also Double Gold Medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition in 2007. It is made with 50-year-old cognacs sealed within hand-finished frosted glass bottles featuring hand-painted Art Nouveau decorations. It was previously marketed under the slogan "Hard to find, impossible to pronounce, and prohibitively expensive."

Dip the end of a Cohiba and relax......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic