Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Actual production Schott B3 257S quality

Vintagestyle

One of the Regulars
Not for me...
I need -5c to get the B-3 out, anything more and i turn into a sweaty mess.
This year it barely froze a couple days in London, same in Belgium, I was fine with a jumper and a regular leather jacket.
I think in the 15 years i have had this jacket i maybe wore it 10 times.

Yes, it barely froze or snowed in Paris either but i am thin and not liking cold weather ! Lol
Do you ride a motorbike ?

Cause for me , even if the weather is not under zero ° celsius , i would be freezing riding a motorbike without it in winter !

Vintagestyle

One of the Regulars
The one i posted pics above was tailored...
I bought it in the early 2000 when i was still wearing things 90s style and bought it massively oversized (its a size 48 me a 42).
Once i came to my senses a few years later i realized it made me look like the Michelin man and stopped wearing it.
It spent 10 years in a closet before i decided to either sell it or have it fitted.
Since they sell for peanuts used on ebay i kept it and had it adjusted, it cost me £80 and is now what you see.
They completely reworked the jacket, made everything slimmer, the sleeves, the body, the length was kept the same.
IMO it doesn't look too bad, and since i only wear it every two or three years (it never gets cold enough) i think it was better to do that than selling it on and spending more money getting another one that i would also never wear...

Did you notice a difference in stitching quality or in anything ( apart from the size ) after you had it tailord, compared with before ?

Vintagestyle

One of the Regulars
1647393D-1A10-45A1-836A-BD0AD7B96A49.png
D5903C98-9CB9-44EC-9ED0-9351B67F2052.png
About what was saying DAV , i certainly believe him for what he says about his jacket but for the other pictures i posted i really have a doubt for the Aeroleathers B3 picture i uploaded ( and the wool seems different as well , like what we are speaking about above ) , simply because the ones on the Aero website ( or others i saw on the net ) don't have that appearance of loose grain like that Aeroleathers B3 picture i posted .

And for that Schott B3 i am sure that one had loose grain as i compared with several brand new other ones.

Here is another one i found on the forum in another topic ( this is not me on the picture nor my jacket ) that has creases but doesn't look like loose grain .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo