ADAM ALLEY

Discussion in 'Hats' started by riosfernando, Oct 26, 2005.

1. suitedcboy

suitedcboy One Too Many

Adam Execs have always been an eye catching hat for me. They have that style like a Whippet that I find to be the Iconic fedora style but the Executive may have a tad better felt. Not dissing a Whippet at all as some Whippets seem to have that tad better felt too. Actually Executive is a quality level as I recall and this hat has a model name. Is it Hanover Square or is that one of the name one of the other manufacturers used for their WHippet knockoff?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  2. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

That is a gorgeous hat, Jonathan. That'll make a larger sized lounger happy!

M Hatman and TheOldFashioned like this.
  3. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned Practically Family

Yes, I am aware that Executive is a quality designation for Adam. If you look at the first collage picture, the lower right shows the factory tag which was torn (as received). One can make out "STRAN" plus I'm guessing a "D." This should be the model name, though it's likely incomplete due to the partially missing tag.

In regards to Hanover Square, that was a model produced by Dobbs.

4. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned Practically Family

Thanks, Stefan! It truly is a beautiful hat and I desperately wish it fit as it would fill a gap in my fedora collection. I only have a light brown/tan thin ribbon Champ.

I've kicked around trying to shim it but at 7-1/2 LO the jump is just too much. The other problem is if I start to justify shimming this one where do I draw the line? As much as I want to keep it it really should go to someone else.

M Hatman and steur like this.
  5. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

The Pacesetter model seems to turn up more than most.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

6. J Williams

J Williams A-List Customer

I purchased this one recently and the seller said the size was unknown. Opened up the box and immediately saw the 7 1/8 size tag.

It’s a decent looking hat. 9cm brim and a 6cm open crown. It’s a creamy off white with what looks like an ivory thin ribbon and brim binding.

Wondering if anyone has an idea on its age. If anyone is interested it will be going in the classifieds.

IMG_1393.jpg IMG_1394.jpg IMG_1392.jpg IMG_1385.jpg IMG_1386.jpg IMG_1388.jpg IMG_1390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steur, Tukwila, Bill Hughes and 6 others like this.
  7. Bill Hughes

Bill Hughes One Too Many

I’m interested. I would think 40/50s but that’s just my hunch.

M Hatman and DaveProc like this.
  8. J Williams

J Williams A-List Customer

Yeah just looking at the details it’s what I was thinking as well. It has a few small imperfections so I will photograph those tonight. I will figure out a price and place it on the classifieds noting you had first interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M Hatman likes this.