Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ADAM ALLEY

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
jamespowers said:
Ah, the Stetson Three Way hat ad from 1943? ;) I like that ad as well. I could never find a Three Way to fit me though. :cry:
Your Adam Executive is a real survivor. It made it through in great shape. :eusa_clap
Sometimes I wonder if men didn't buy hats like Champs and Adams for everyday wear and then more expensive hats for special occassion wear. That would explain the trouble finding an Adam or Champ from the 40s-50s in decent shape. [huh]

Regards,

J

here's a box for one. I don't know what the hat is though. and the price... whew!

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/yesterdaystreasures/item/316

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
obviously.

but then again- I guess there are three ways for it to go.
1. in the garbage
2. to mountain man conventions
3.wear it the way it is and change your name to "cookie"

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
I would actually pay that if it really was a Three Way hat but it isn't. :( Finding a Three Way in my size and in good condition might be pie in the sky but I always look just in case. ;)

Regards,

J

Heck, I paid more than that for a Three Way in my size. (Albeit in very nice shape.)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here's my first vintage hat purchase. It's still one of my favorite lids. It was had for only around $10.00 on OFAS about two years ago.:)

IG015.jpg

IG011.jpg

IG006.jpg

IG005.jpg

Show us your Adam's!!

Cheers!

Dan

Very nice, Daniel. Love that ribbon, to make the obvious observation.
Ten bucks or so, eh? A couple of years ago, you say? How things have changed in that short time, yes?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thank you! Mine is incredibly thin compaired to most of the other hats I have yet it has a very snappy stiffness to it. The ribbon is what attracted me to it in the first place.

Underrated but highly sought after these days.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Razzman

One Too Many
Here is my contribution to Adam Alley.

First is the Adam Pace-Stetter, gray very thin felt and very light.
a>

a>

a>

Second, no name but very dense felt and quite heavy. Has Pliant-EZE on the sweatband and De Luxe Quality. Sort of olive brown
a>

a>

a>

This is the Adam Majestic.
a>

a>

a>

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Razzman: Hot dog! That is one nice looking lids!:eusa_clap I dig on the double button ribbon treatment on the third offering. Adam, along with Mallory seem to have some of the most unique ribbons that I have seen.Thank you for sharing!:)

Bolthead: OFAS = Our Favorite Auction Site.:)

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24