Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adapt an Aero today...

Metatron

One Too Many
I agree with a 'keep it simple' approach unless you have a specific overall look you want to replicate. I think the mod of a detachable fur collar with a latch is a great idea though, my Luftwaffe jacket has it and I use it all the time in the winter. I would also give it a relatively light lining, so by way of layering and adding/subtracting the collar you have a jacket wearable from autumn through to the cooler days of the Summer in the Uk.

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
.....sometimes we'll have to step in and refuse to make the jacket, if the design is so far from our original design we aren't happy to put the Aero label on it.

What sort of Frankenfreak jackets have you had to decline ? The mind boggles............

bay_city_rollers_146_zps676b6606.jpg

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
It is my strong impression that Aero bends over backward to accommodate us, although their website clearly states that their original intent was to only add or subtract an inch or two to sleeve and/or body length and add an inside pocket. I think that we must all proceed with caution regarding significant departure from the original design, and that when Amanda or Will suggest in a gentle manner that our request(s) might be unwise, we should heed wise counsel!

wdw

One Too Many

Where do you think Aero got the inspiration for their linings from? :eeek:

Actually, that takes me back to my formative years, when even the guys liked BCR, although they'd never admit it now. Happy days!

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
What sort of Frankenfreak jackets have you had to decline ? The mind boggles............

Haha, funny you bring this up!

My Dad started out by making clothes for some of the most famous rock stars of the 60's & 70's, including shirts for The Beatles and gear for Jimi Hendrix Experience. If I could swap lives with him I would in a shot! He was also a friend of Mickey Most's and he made and designed all Suzi Quatros outfits, but when Mickey started getting him to make clothes for Sweet, and some of his other Glam Rock bands he had to draw a line somewhere. He went from making leather jackets for the likes of Santana, Steven Stills, Penny Tree and nicely cut velvet suits for The Faces to Sweet's Hiawatha look, that was what tipped him over the edge to saying no!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic