Adding zippers to sleeves

Discussion in 'Merchants' started by iknowleather, Jul 17, 2020.

1. iknowleather

iknowleather Vendor

I just added zippers to the sleeves in this jacket (where there were no zippers before). The jacket was sent for this reason and also for a new lining which is why you don't see one in the jacket. I don't have that done yet. [​IMG]

seres, Carlos840, Hobbes1 and 12 others like this.
  2. jonbuilder

jonbuilder My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice addition

iknowleather likes this.
  3. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Would you happen to be the one and only Dena of Great Leather? If so then welcome to the fedora lounge! We have been reading a lot of great things and looking at pictures of your marvelous work for awhile now.

4. ton312

ton312

I believe it is! I’ve got two more jackets due back Monday from Dena. I can personally attest that she does indeed know leather and is an absolute delight to work with!
    Welcome Dena!

iknowleather and El Marro like this.
  5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Welcome and looks great - it's helpful to say who did it, how much and time frame, also what make of jacket that is. Nice work.

iknowleather likes this.
  6. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Welcome Dena! I am one of your happy customers on The Fedora Lounge!

iknowleather likes this.
  7. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Ahh... you're the famous Dena. Now I get it.

iknowleather likes this.
  8. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Yes, she is the famous Dena. Welcome, Dena.

I'm going to move this to the Merchant's forum.

iknowleather, Edward and Hh121 like this.
  9. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

This post makes me happy.

After @ton312 mentioned having some work done by Great Leather that he was happy with, I contacted Dena yesterday to ask about a project I was interested in having her do for me. We exchanged emails for a bit, she was super responsive, and asked me where I heard of her, I told her, and now here she is.

She's going to get so much love here. Probably triple her business, too. Welcome, @iknowleather!

10. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

When we have questions about alterations and such, she can give her professional opinion. I imagine there will be several of us who will want to avail ourselves of her expertise in leather repair and alterations..

In the past I have sent my jackets to Allen at JL in San Fransisco, but now that Dena is so accessible, that will probably change.

11. iknowleather

iknowleather Vendor

How nice- thank you so much! Glad to be here:)

El Marro likes this.
  12. iknowleather

iknowleather Vendor

What a warm reception I hardly know what to say:) Thank you!

Bahabp100, tmitchell59 and ton312 like this.
  13. iknowleather

iknowleather Vendor

Good idea. I'll post a shot of the jacket label, etc. when I check in tomorrow. Thanks for the input!

14. iknowleather

iknowleather Vendor

THank you so much! I'm happy to be here:)

15. iknowleather

iknowleather Vendor

I'm still learning how FL works. I thought I just replied but I don't see it. I don't want to miss replying where I should.
    My reply (which may show up twice now I'm not sure) was that I can post a photo of the jacket label, etc. when I check in tomorrow. I also want to thank you for the input:) Good idea!

16. iknowleather

iknowleather Vendor

Any suggestions or things I need to know- please tell me. I'm just learning my way around!

17. iknowleather

iknowleather Vendor

So Merchant's forum is the place for me, instead of Outerwear?

18. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Dena,
    I think you can post in Outerwear now, which is probably where you will want to post because it gets a lot more traffic than the Merchant section.
    @Peacoat, am I correct that Dena can post in Outerwear and elsewhere as she pleases?

tmitchell59 likes this.
  19. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think the bartender should clarify, but the Merchant forum is more appropriate for a merchant promoting their business. But they should be able to post in other forums as well as, as long as its on topic. Eg, to respond to a topic with their expertise on the topic of the thread, not to promote their business in an off topic manner. Or to start a thread on a topic appropriate to the forum, that isn't a promotion for their business.

We see a few merchants who post or reply to topics on the Outerwear forum: Carrie from Thurston Bros., occasionally employees from Aero, David Himel of Himel Bros, and Theodoros of Thedi. It's always a treat to see them contribute to the forum here when they have the time.

20. iknowleather

iknowleather Vendor

I got the lining in today. Here's the only label that was in it. I don't recognize it but the leather is my favorite! Heavy but very soft and pliable. Just like in the old days! fyi- the customer sent the fabric he wanted in it.
    [​IMG]

Guppy likes this.