Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adult Cartoons

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jeynne said:
Daria. I'm glad I taped it back when the show was still on MTV and they had marathons of it, since it's yet to be released on DVD.

You have them all on tape! **seriously** We need to talk ;)

Id add Batman the Animated series to that bunch. As well as Batman Beyond.
Also, GI Joe. And of corse, Danger Mouse.

Also the short run MTV Oddities.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Doctor Strange said:
I have stated my extreme love for Batman: The Animated Series (and to a lesser extent, its follow-ups - Superman, Batman Beyond, Justice League) here so many times that I feel like a broken record. (And I'm probably the only person here who saw its spinoff feature Mask of the Phantasm during its blink-and-you-missed-it theatrical run.) Best. Batman adaptation. Ever...But for me, B:TAS reigns supreme!

And a recent "kids cartoon" that surprised me with its insane creative brilliance is Samurai Jack. Now that the entire series is finally out on DVD, I'm going to have to get it sometime...

I saw Mask of the Phantasm in the theater :) It was an experience. So well done. And you are so correct, the best incarnation of Batman ever done. Period.

Samurai Jack is amazing. I have three of the 4 volumes on DVD. Gotta get the last one.

LD

Jeynne

New in Town
Lady Day said:
You have them all on tape! **seriously** We need to talk ;)

Id add Batman the Animated series to that bunch. As well as Batman Beyond.
Also, GI Joe. And of corse, Danger Mouse.

Also the short run MTV Oddities.

LD

I have the first season on tape. :) I was watching it yesterday, actually. Still a great show, after all these years.

I'm not sure why I stopped taping it after that. It's not like I didn't watch it. Hmm.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
I enjoyed Fox's "American Dad"!
Can't stand Stewie on "Family Guy". He's way too obscene for my little ones. Makes Bart Simpson look like a saint! Homer still rules in my house.
I still like "King Of The Hill", and the Texas red-necks. His quirky niece is actually a take-off of Marilyn Monroe's character from Bus Stop.;)

If I can't sleep I often watch Boomerang and find that some of the old Hanna-Barabera Toons were quite adult in many ways, especially my fave "Top Cat".

I also find Nickelodeon's "Hey Arnold", "The Wild Thornberry's" and "CatDog" quite adult. Oh yes the original mid 90's Pickle's brood ~ (Tommy, Angelica, Stew & Drew /before Charles Fenster's marriage to Kira) was very sophisticated. And who doesn't love the ever so pessimistic clarinet playing Squidward Tentacles of "Spongebob" fame!:eusa_clap

zaika

One Too Many
METALOCALYPSE. Fantastically gory and hysterical at the same time.

I'm also a big fan of Ren and Stimpy (No! Stimpy! That's poisonous dirt!), Family Guy, South Park, Futurama, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Robot Chicken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats