Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
hiking in the rain forest/getting eaten by a tree
IMG_0370.jpg

MissQueenie

Practically Family
And the last thing mom said before I left was...

"Make sure you get someone to take pictures with YOU in them!"

Did I listen? Um...no. At least not until three hours before we broke down camp and my Bedouin friend Jumah asked if I would take our photo together. So this is the only photo I have of myself on my own film from my field season in Jordan.

MegJumah.jpg

For the record, I had been inside my tent (in the background), otherwise I would have been much more covered up. I typically wore a pair of men's work pants and men's dress shirts from good will with long sleeves and a tank under. And a hat, of course.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Cowgirls_of_Science/skull.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
And while we are out in the middle eastern deserts....

ValKings.jpg

This is me in the Valley of the Kings. (sorry, no vintage clothes)

A dive boat in the middle of the Red Sea

redsea.jpg

outside St. Catharine's Monastary in Sinai
stcaths.jpg

and the colossus at Memnon

collosus.jpg

And my ex has (or had) all the pictures of luxor...a fact I am gutted about -years- later.....

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
MissQueenie said:
Great photos, Neece! Can I officially hate you? I wish I had been able to get over to Egypt while I was there!

Where's the photo of the saline spray thing? ;)

Sure, I will add you to the list of haters...might be a while before you make it up to the position #1 and are actually able to hate me...its a long long list. ;)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
And the amazon..

I was young...oh so young...and yes..i was actually that blond at one point....scary.

amazon2.jpg

Washing clothes in the River....this was usually combined with bathing, as you get wet anyhow...might as well bring soap and scrub.

amazon1.jpg

Thats the view from where we lived. It was an hour drive outside the city, and there is -nothing- across the river....for a long ways. The few people who live on the other side...have no road, its all boat only accessible.

amazon3.jpg

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Wow! This thread has taken off! I've got to get back to these threads more often!

Miss Queenie, nice to see you back again! Hope things are going well way up north there!

Miss N, you have got to be one of the most adventurous of us all! I know how you feel about not having pics, though. I have zero pics of my time in Israel and sometimes it's like I was never there. I have about four pics of Palma de Mallorca, but a lot of that is because I was drunk about 75% of the time! Marines will be Marines, and young ones even more so. Still I have such great memories of eating falafel from the street vendors in Haifa, flirting with Israeli girls carrying uzis or M-16s.... Boy, were those the days!

Great pics everybody!

Copper

One of the Regulars
At the wheel of a Landy 110 in the Western Sahara near Ait Benhaddou, Morocco, wearing a Berber headscarf.

A few years ago now, though. Great trip.

Morocco001.jpg

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
adventures of Celebrity gravehunting!

Glendale Forest Lawn
l_d5ff5a5c5b48d0ed1b4e09f5d6589286.jpg
I actually, before I realized this door was open... I jumped the wall.......in vintage of coures! Mary Pickford is over yonder!
and this section is roped off....but I went in there anyways
I mean its burns and allen for crying out loud
l_1e4df4ce1dfb9f0f4b32d51d5eea3a0b.jpg

and this one is the great Mansoleum
beware there is a nazi holding guard and she will not be paid off either!
l_2b92f36f821aae13f5dd4d352269206a.jpg

l_c549f107bb551f5bd760d2e8f3272d56.jpg

l_04a6d991e44abede28f39b6ab87521d3.jpg

l_57df13e9b74f4c16ca290d4cf0b9c606.jpg
sorry about the camera angles, no camera allowed!
l_661b7f1767788d69e761a86c1548d99d.jpg

Holy Cross
rosalind russell's grave
l_fa9415d607c954df981f44015410d440.jpg

Hollywood Hills
1012000935_l.jpg

Hillside
al Jolson
l_3233d94376268174f932edef793a4a7c.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
Great photos, all (and love your sense of humour, David Conwill).

Miss Neecerie, where in the Red Sea did you go diving? I went out to the Brother Islands in 2001 - absolutely amazing. I saw the largest manta out there I've ever seen, and there were plenty of Hammerheads, Threshers etc.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Mojito said:
Great photos, all (and love your sense of humour, David Conwill).

Miss Neecerie, where in the Red Sea did you go diving? I went out to the Brother Islands in 2001 - absolutely amazing. I saw the largest manta out there I've ever seen, and there were plenty of Hammerheads, Threshers etc.

From Sharm al Sheikh...including Ras Mohammed ....alas -I- did not dive..I snorkled...I -tried- my best to dive, but I have a eustation tube tube malfunction that means no diving. But I still saw tons of really cool stuff snorkeling off the dive boats each day. And in many cases I saw -better- stuff then the guy I was with who was busy doing all sorts of 'deep diving and nitrox cert' stuff.

Gatsby84

Familiar Face
Mojave Jack, in his original post, mentioned something about the Badlands of South Dakota. I worked there on a paleo dig a few years ago and got to take a lot of photographs. Here are a (very) few of them.

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN2816.jpg

DSCN2837.jpg

I'm particularly proud of this one:
DSCN0426.jpg

Enjoy,
-Allen

splatt

One of the Regulars
Lets rewind to 1992...early in the year I had moved from Melbourne to Sydney prior to departing to Europe for an as yet undetermined period.

While in Sydney, i spent quite a bit of time exploring the spectacular Blue Mountains by spending days on end either on foot or on bike across the entire region..

1992_blue_mountains_02.jpg

1992_blue_mountains_09.jpg

1992_blue_mountains_07.jpg
1992_blue_mountains_01.jpg

On arriving in Europe, and discovering that my girlfriend had shacked up with someone else during our 6 month break from each other, i promptly hired a car and headed out on an excursion which took me though 9 countries before i switched to trains and boats for an additional four countries.

My favourite place of the entire European trip was Switzerland (followed by Turkey) with the Great Saint Bernard Pass being at the top of the list. I even ended up spending a night at the hospice and in return helped do a bit of wall painting for the monks.

swz001.jpg

swz006.jpg

swz005.jpg

The day long walk up to the 3,000 meter mark on the Matterhorn was by far another great experience...though it did get awfully hot at the end.

swz012.jpg

swz021.jpg

swz023.jpg

Of course, during this period i had in my possession a Black Akubra Fedora...which was stolen from my train cabin while I was traveling from Istanbul to the Greek border.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21