Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventure! Fedora Lounge Folks in Action!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
INDIA!!!

Nice!

How was Chandigarh?
Did you make it across to Agra, or Jaipur..?

I'll be there again in December, Hariyana/Delhi/Punjab-North, for the cold(er) weather.
Via Istanbul(not Constantinople), Kuala Lumpur and then, finally,
to New Zealand- must take some appropriate Khaki clothing and some pictures. Need... more... Khaki clothing made...

B
T

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
Chandigarh is very modern and clean but a bit antiseptic compared to the rest of India, or at least the parts that I saw. Don't miss Nek Chand's Rock Garden. It is eerily spectacular. Didn't go to Agra (next trip) or Jaipur. I was on a strict itinerary that had to do with a two-car Ferrari tour of India. Long story. We started in Lucknow and ducked in and out of the Himalaya, went to the Corbett tiger preserve, to the sacred city of Haridwar, and did a brief raft trip on the Ganges before making our way to Chandigarh.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice pics, StraightEight. I've not made it to Lucknow yet, although I did get to Agra this past January. I have some pics of kids playing pick-up cricket, too. You see it everywhere.

I should be back in India in January. I'm hoping to get to Manipur in the NE and Madurai in the South. I particularly want to see the temples in Madurai.

Mojito

One Too Many
Love the India photos, StraightEight. I was in Cambodia a couple of weeks ago, and the Indian influences in religion and art throughout the Angkor temple region were intriguing.

I've wanted to visit Angkor Wat and the other temples in the region since I first saw images of the site - exquisite temple ruins surrounded by encroaching jungle haunted my imagination for years. The site itself - particularly Angkor Wat itself, the Bayon temple in Angkor Thom and Ta Prohm (left largely unrestored to show the effects of the giant silk cotton and strangler fig trees.

RuinGazing.jpg

Bayonfaces2.jpg

TPTree.jpg

AWdawnsillouette.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
Nice pics, StraightEight. I've not made it to Lucknow yet, although I did get to Agra this past January. I have some pics of kids playing pick-up cricket, too. You see it everywhere.

I should be back in India in January. I'm hoping to get to Manipur in the NE and Madurai in the South. I particularly want to see the temples in Madurai.

Alan. it would be great to see some more of your India photos.
I remember seeing a pic of you in front of the Taj Mahal, Agra.

I will be in India in December but it will now be a short stay and mainly in and around Delhi. I will try and take as many photos as possible but I may find myself spending too much time with the Tailors.

B
T

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Mike1939 PICS

Nice pics Mike1939, in the spirit of those
BW Lake Tahoe shots from "Out of the Past"
with Robert Mithcum ;)

Solid Citizen :D

renor27

One of the Regulars
great photos all and wonderful stories

Hello
been away from the lounge for a while school and life but am back now.
Been reading others adventures very cool to find out where others have been and done
Looking @ the photos I find it interesting to see how different parts of the world look. The Nevada out back ( great basin ) my play ground sure looks a lot like other deserts the world over.
I would love to up load a few photos from my mac but in the whole time I have been on the lounge never been able to do that. Have tried to attach photos but with no luck others can do it what am I doing wrong?

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
I would love to up load a few photos from my mac but in the whole time I have been on the lounge never been able to do that. Have tried to attach photos but with no luck others can do it what am I doing wrong?

Open a free account with a photo hosting service. A lot of folks here use Photobucket (photobucket.com I think). Upload your pics to that (it's quite easy, and Photobucket automatically creates a URL for each pic) then use the "Insert image" icon above the text box you write your post into on FL and then stick the URL address for the particular image that you have already uploaded to Photobucket and it will appear in your post.

Or, quicker, just click on and copy the "IMG code" on the Photobucket site that is below the pic you want to post and paste that IMG code it into your message.

I guess FL requests the image from Photobucket every time the page is opened by one of us. Sounds complicated but it's actually very easy and you can be posting pics, like this one from a '06 trip down Hwy 50 right through your backyard...

IMG_1568.jpg

renor27

One of the Regulars
thanks for thr heads up about photos

Great photo you posted yep a few miles east of me
As for posting photos will not be doing that, have found that some of my photos that were posted on flicker have been stolen and posted by others with out giving me credit. So from now will not be posting any photos any place am working on how to water mark my photos better.
david

renor27

One of the Regulars
yes i did ask

Thanks for sharing how to post
Its funny I was happy to give the photos away yet all I asked was please credit me as the photographer. now that has changed its to bad that we can not post directly to the lounge but am sure that would take a ton of room in cyber space and MK is kind enough to host the lounge and pay for the cost out of his pocket.
Straight Eight, you did a great job of getting the vast feeling of the NV out back in your photo
david

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
Well this isn't too exotic, but here are some pictures from my recent trip to Baltimore.

Most of them are photos of ships and such taken at the Baltimore harbor.

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

index.cfm

Mike K.

One Too Many
POST NUMBER 1000!!!

The autumn sun rises slowly over the ancient cypress forest, casting its light upon a million glistening drops of silver dew. The air, still heavy with the last vestiges of summer humidity, carries the comforting smell of dank earth and unseen flower blossoms. In the distance a bull alligator bellows, proclaiming some patch of swamp to be his alone. Overhead the majestic wood storks, great egrets, and roseate spoonbills take flight for their daily journey to somewhere unknown as a red-shouldered hawk calls reveille. Breakfast of eggs and coffee is hastily consumed, for who knows what adventures await this Audubon Society Warden. Could it be a hectic day chasing down poachers? Perhaps the day will be spent ridding the wildlife sanctuary of non-native invasive plants. Maybe I will be tracking the elusive and rare Florida panther. Whatever it may be, I have the best job in the world! :D
IMG_2878_3.jpg

This is me in typical daily work attire here in the swamps of south Florida (yes, I actually wear the classic vintage safari stuff;)). From head to toe, here's the list. The hat is my now famous safari-ized Akubra Riverina. The wide brim is perfect for combating the merciless subtropical Florida sun. The jacket, not often worn except between now and February when we actually get cold fronts, is a newly acquired British bush jacket from What Price Glory. I think it now ranks #1 over my former Ralph Lauren safari jacket. Over the shoulder is a vintage boy scout canteen...a much more classy piece of gear than the modern plastic water bottle. My choice of shirt varies each day. The shorts are Cabela's canvas hiker shorts (they get swapped with Cabela's jeano pants when I need long trousers). Both shorts and trousers are some of the best bush attire out there - rugged, comfortable, and utilitarian. Finishing off the list are my SEAL boots from Orvis. Their canvas construction is great for where I work since they stay cool and dry fast. Oh...and there's Matilda, my trusty .30-30Win rifle.

The world awaits....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21