Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adventurer, Explorer and Safari Advertisements

CINDERWOLF

New in Town
I know what iam looking for must exist in fairly large numbers, but iam having difficulty finding exactly what iam looking for, and would just like to see more examples. During the last century and the one before they often used the idea of the Adventurer, Explorer, Aviator or whatever to sell products, I just cant seem to find too many.

I have found a few in old Popular Mechanics and National Geographic magazines from the 40s which i would like to scan and post when i get the chance.

If you know of any online resources, or having anything to post i would be most interested, Thank You.

*If this should be placed in a more appropriate section of the lounge please let me know

CINDERWOLF

New in Town
Found one online that although aimed at children, i still quite like.
http://www.tomheroes.com/Comic Ads/classic ads/7_up_jungle_ad.htm

And I definitely love the Adventure thread, I actually read through the entire thing in one sitting! I was keeping my girlfriend company in our universities printshop while she was trying to get some prints done for a deadline. I was hoping that there would be enough intrest to have a thread of its own. I have yet to set up my scanner and get some images from my old magazines, but i will eventually get around to it.

CINDERWOLF

New in Town
I have seen that set before, but the computer will never compare to a dusty National Geographic from my Grandfathers basement. I think i will have to check out the libraries collection next time iam downtown...

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Cinderwolf, I look forward to seeing what you can dig up. I've seen a lot of advertisements for airlines, like this one that I have at home:

adair05lg.jpg

But I've never seen the type you're seeking. Intriguing.

By the way, thanks for that link, too. Those ads are a hoot! I found this one particularly amusing:

Bobby Benson Lighters

I love that the woman dances away with the man who could provide her with an unbent cigarette, leaving the other guy sitting on the bench! What a man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner