Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Advice wanted on Simmons Bilt B-6 jacket

geedee

Familiar Face
Hi guys - I'm thinking of ordering a B-6 from Simmons Bilt, but I recall seeing somewhere (or here or maybe on VLJ?) some negative vibes about them and I can't remember what the issue was. I'd be grateful to you guys for any feedback on SB, what they're like to deal with, what their jackets are like - especially the B-6.
Thanks!!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi guys - I'm thinking of ordering a B-6 from Simmons Bilt, but I recall seeing somewhere (or here or maybe on VLJ?) some negative vibes about them and I can't remember what the issue was. I'd be grateful to you guys for any feedback on SB, what they're like to deal with, what their jackets are like - especially the B-6.
Thanks!!
If you are not too fixated on SB, then you can look at Aero. They have 25% off stock right now and 15% off Made2order. I just ordered a B-6 and D-1 there.

geedee

Familiar Face
If you are not too fixated on SB, then you can look at Aero. They have 25% off stock right now and 15% off Made2order. I just ordered a B-6 and D-1 there.
A B-6 and a D-1 ? I've been trying to decide between both of them myself, I think you've got the right approach!

Rigs

New in Town
I have three SB jackets and can only speak as I find, but I have found them to be excellent in quality, fit And value. In fact my latest SB jacket, in the heaviest black steerhide I have ever handled, is my favourite jacket I own. Dealing with Debs and team has been a pleasure. Definitely worth a try.

MrProper

A B-6 and a D-1 ? I've been trying to decide between both of them myself, I think you've got the right approach!
Lol. Yes, I think so too. I've had my D-1 since last year (seal) and now I'm getting a redskin B-6. The new D-1 (also redskin) is for my wife, so she doesn't always have to borrow mine ;-)

Aloysius

Thanks!!

Even setting aside their criminal behavior, on perfectly practical grounds it would be a mistake to order a shearling from SB.

As has been mentioned here, they stole Aero’s patterns but more relevant in this case is that the shearling jacket patterns they stole were in fact works-in-progress, not final patterns. As a result, the sleeves don’t sit right on their shearling jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner