Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero vs Simmons Bilt - leather sample - customer experience

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
Tobacco Badalassi would count as tan.
Did you mean russet, which I believe is lighter than tobacco?

Regardless, maybe my notion of “tan” is messed up because as I said above to me it should have some orange to it and not be just a lighter brown. Think the oro legacy leather in RedWings.

Badalassi has some nice colours and it’d be great if Aero stocked them, but maybe it’s due to their commitment to repro stuff and these colours were not used for leather jackets back then.

These two are Badalassi.

shangri-la-heritage-varenne-olmo-badalassi-leather-jacket-front.jpg

shangri-la-heritage-varenne-oliva-badalassi-leather-jacket-front.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did you mean russet, which I believe is lighter than tobacco?

Regardless, maybe my notion of “tan” is messed up because as I said above to me it should have some orange to it and not be just a lighter brown. Think the oro legacy leather in RedWings.

Badalassi has some nice colours and it’d be great if Aero stocked them, but maybe it’s due to their commitment to repro stuff and these colours were not used for leather jackets back then.

These two are Badalassi.

shangri-la-heritage-varenne-olmo-badalassi-leather-jacket-front.jpg

shangri-la-heritage-varenne-oliva-badalassi-leather-jacket-front.jpg

I meant tobacco, which is a similar shade to many “tan” English shoes, but russet is in the family as well I think.

MickeyPunch

Familiar Face
I meant tobacco, which is a similar shade to many “tan” English shoes, but russet is in the family as well I think.
This jacket is from a forum member, lighter colour is russet and darker tobacco. To me they’re just browns, esp. the tobacco. Maybe the colour I refer to as tan is more like “cognac” or “whiskey”.

upload_2020-5-25_21-31-24-png.237690

zebedee

One Too Many
Blattwerk Mahogany or Mustard Natural Tan are the lightest SB offerings I've seen.

Torf is a bit like Aero's Battered Tan, but not as varied in its tones.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Went through a similar experience.
Ordered some samples from Aero, paid for the samples and the shipping. Samples got stuck, Aero sent out a new batch for free. Eventually got both batches.
SB sent out 3 or 4 batches for free.
SB definitely wins in the leather sample sending aspect of ordering a leather jacket.
On the other hand Aero makes it very clear what they have and what you can get, while with SB it's not really possible to get a good idea of what are the exact options and more info about them, even if you do contact them directly.
Now I have 20-30 leather samples in my drawer...

Corsair42

One of the Regulars
Of all the samples in the pictures I would go with Horween Milan, beautiful colour and slightly softer, more comfortable out of the box than CXL, possibly due to the veg tanning vs chrome tanning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner