Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO 30's Half Belt MIDNIGHT BLUE cxl HH New Batch.

Rosecitymike

One of the Regulars
@sweetfights Can you talk a bit about the leather itself? Heavy/mid? Supple? Can this be a three season jacket or is it heavy enough to be reserved for the cold months? Asking for a friend who might be emailing with Carrie.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Man, if it *didn't* lightened up where it creased, and just stayed that blued steel color, I'd be rather inclined to get something made with it.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@sweetfights Can you talk a bit about the leather itself? Heavy/mid? Supple? Can this be a three season jacket or is it heavy enough to be reserved for the cold months? Asking for a friend who might be emailing with Carrie.

Weighs about 7 pounds. Typical stiff to begin with horween cxl but already starting to grain and soften in the higher wear areas. I went with sateen lining for easy on and off and for a wider range of temperatures. I will wear it in the winter with appropriate tops ie. turtle neck, wool etc. With the sateen lining I have warmer weather options too.
Mid/heavy weight leather. I would estimate about 3.5 ounces. Recommended leather- who knows if we will see the fabulous color in cxl again.

sweetfights

how does it fit you in the chest and shoulders and how did you size it compared to your actual chest? Asking for a friend too lol
My chest is 43-44 inches. Varies month to month. I went with size 42. I requested 19.50 inches across the shoulders- I believe the typical shoulder to shoulder for a size 42 is 19 inches. Gives me room around my chest but remains slim fitting.
A very good fit. Took me a few years to figure out which Aero style and size fit my body best. I like trim fitting but no longer want the "sausage" fit, which is what I had with the Aero Cafe Racer size 40.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I am sure I picked the grail crafted by a carpenter. All thanks to your great jacket. It looks stunning.

Grail/Carpenter - huh? Sounds like a misreading of Indy Jones. Apologies for this pedantic digression. In the story, the grail was a cup or dish associated with Joseph of Arimathea - used in the last supper and at the crucifixion. There's no connection to a carpenter, except that it collected Jesus' blood. Sermon over....

Grail/Carpenter - huh? Sounds like a misreading of Indy Jones. Apologies for this pedantic digression. In the story, the grail was a cup or dish associated with Joseph of Arimathea - used in the last supper and at the crucifixion. There's no connection to a carpenter, except that it collected Jesus' blood. Sermon over....

Just trying to have a little fun with a movie I haven’t seen in 15 years. But...

upload_2019-7-5_6-58-8.gif

Edward

Bartender
Yip, the Cup of Christ, the Holy Grail legend dating to 1190-1202ish (there are earlier 'Grail' legends, but this is thed first point at which the Grail seems to exist as a singular and in the Christian context), used at the Last Supper then acquired by Joseph of Arimathea to collect Christ's blood as it falls from his body while he is on the cross. (Cheery thought!). Presumably the eternal, and deasth-defying, blood of the Son is what gave rise to the notion of immortality (or at least extremely long life) sahould one drink from it.

Back to the blue, that is a lovely hide. Should wear in not unlike the blue-black goat of the original Speedster model that Aero made for Levis. This is defintely something I'd love to have a jacket in at some point, I love those blue highlights.

ProteinNerd

/Nerd mode on
Actually, Indy says out loud "that's the cup of a carpenter." when he picks which cup to drink from.

so if @JMax is quoting the movie, he is correct...he may not be correct according to organised religion however.

/Nerd mode on
Actually, Indy says out loud "that's the cup of a carpenter." when he picks which cup to drink from.

so if @JMax is quoting the movie, he is correct...he may not be correct according to organised religion however.

Yes, that is exactly the scene I was recalling. The knight initiated the dialogue with “you have chosen wisely”, ala sweetfights’ comment to me.

Edit: i just watched the video and I got the order wrong in my recollection. Carpenter comment came first lol. Great movie though, I need to watch it again.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
/Nerd mode on

Yes Prote, I know full well what Indy says because it got a groan from lots of people at the time for mangling myth. The Grail is not about organized religion or from the Bible. The grail stories are adventure and heroic myths written many centuries after Christ. King Arthur comes into the story.

My point (in jest) is that the history of Western imaginative literature has been overwritten by a b-grade kid's film. Raiders on the other hand is a blameless masterpiece.

Now, how about that beautiful blue leather!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner