Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-2 Horsehide Leather Flight Jacket WW2 repro size 42

Brettafett

One Too Many
Aero WW2 A-2 Horsehide Leather Flight Jacket repro Aeroleather 1410 size 42

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-WW2-A-...783?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d0d9dea7

The genuine Chocolate Russet Horsehide leather is in FANTASTIC condition, BETTER THAN NEW, in that its supple, grainy and soft and has developed a gorgeous patina.
Looks just like an exceptionally well preserved original 1940s jacket.
The leather is also slightly heavier than most repros I have had, incl a more recent Aero A-2, a couple of Goodwears, a few Eastmans, three Coopers and a Willis & Geiger.

Standard Aero cotton lining in perfect, unsoiled and super clean condition. Has an AAF and AN stamp clearly on the inside.
No rips, tears, holes, or anything and no patches have ever been sewn onto this jacket. The mid brown cuffs and waistband are also in excellent tight condition and the zipper works perfectly.
Made strong, tough and will surely last many lifetimes.

Measurements (Approx):
Arm length from top of shoulder to end of cuff, 25 inches. Inner 19".
Windflap length, 22 inches.
Bottom of collar to bottom of jacket, 26 inches.
Shoulder to shoulder, 19 inches.
Armpit to armpit, 23 inches.

For reference, the model (me) in the photos is around 1.80 (5'10") tall and weighs around 72-73kgs/ 159 Pounds. I normally wear size 40.
One can see the jacket fits OK, but I feel, for me personally, that its a touch on the 'roomy' side, although lengths are perfect. I am a slim guy and prefer a trimmer jacket.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Man, that's a tough one. I can see what you mean about the fit, but it's damn close! Good luck with the sale!

Brettafett

One Too Many
Thanks guys, I have often handled it and wished I could use mind powers to drop it a size, but keep the lengths... ;) would possibly the THE one... wishful thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24