Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A2 38-1711-P sizing question - need help.

Cole

One of the Regulars
OK, I've just send Amanda a load of pictures and measurements, told her to work her magic for me and confirmed my order for this A2 38-1711-P made of brown fqhh with mid brown knit. Now I feel strangely nervous. :D

too much coffee

Practically Family
That A-2 is going to come out fine Cole...........it probably will rival Ollie's (Gancho) for fit and appearance.

So you went with the regular FQHH, not mid weight or vintage?

Relax man, your part is done.

Best regards,
coffee

That A-2 is going to come out fine Cole...........it probably will rival Ollie's (Gancho) for fit and appearance.

Relax man, your part is done.

Best regards,
coffee

Good point. I've seen one or two of the FQHH A2's, but I don't think I'd want to do that...

Cole

One of the Regulars
Good point. I've seen one or two of the FQHH A2's, but I don't think I'd want to do that...

Gancho's jacket is made from regular fqhh as well and in my eyes it is a real beauty. That's the reason I went this way. Most hh A2s I've seen look nice, but lack the spezial look that fqhh gets after regular wear. That this will be one very heavy A2 doesn't bother me, since I'm used to heavy leatherjackets. :)

too much coffee

Practically Family
Gancho's jacket is made from regular fqhh as well and in my eyes it is a real beauty. That's the reason I went this way. Most hh A2s I've seen look nice, but lack the spezial look that fqhh gets after regular wear. That this will be one very heavy A2 doesn't bother me, since I'm used to heavy leatherjackets. :)

Good for you...............and I concur; the heavier the better.

If I want authenticity in regards to hide weight, stitch count, epaulette length, brand of zipper, shape of collar and pockets, etc........I'll get in line and get a Goodwear.

And I'll never go through a "middle man" when ordering an expensive leather jacket.

Regards,
coffee

I'm just asking - not judging! I'm wearing my new HG-5 in FQHH now, and it's a tough, stiff mofo! Takes some time to get these things broken in. I've had heavy cow and Bison, but this stuff is for real! I'm trying to beat it to submission at every turn, and it's not budging lol

Cole

One of the Regulars
OK it's done. Following Amanda's advice I ordered the following.

A2 38-1711-P
Size 46
Back length 26"
Sleeve length 26.5"
Made of brown F/Q horsehide
With mid brown knit.

ETA 14 weeks (this is gonna be hard :eeek:)

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hi Cole;

With the 38-1711P being rather a trim cut, I think the size 46 is gonna be a good fit.

Great job! 14 weeks is not a very long wait. You will still get to wear it a lot before it's too warm in 2012.

Regards,

coffee

OK it's done. Following Amanda's advice I ordered the following.

A2 38-1711-P
Size 46
Back length 26"
Sleeve length 26.5"
Made of brown F/Q horsehide
With mid brown knit.

ETA 14 weeks (this is gonna be hard :eeek:)

Congrat's. Pulling the trigger on the final details is hard. Your jacket is a good one, and you didn't go nuts trying to make it into something totally new, which I think is unnecessary with such a classic jacket. Can't wait to see how it looks in the FQHH, and let me know when you want to submit to my hellish tactics to break that sucker in lol

Cole

One of the Regulars
The jacket has been made today and will be shiped with UPS tomorrow. I guess I will hold it in my hands and wear it by the end of the week. I'm so looking forward to this. :)

The jacket has been made today and will be shiped with UPS tomorrow. I guess I will hold it in my hands and wear it by the end of the week. I'm so looking forward to this. :)
Awesome! If they ship today, you should have before Friday.Can't wait to see it!

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
I just got an Aero "Real Deal" in the mail that I won off of Ebay. The jacket is amazing, so amazing. It's a tad too small for me so I'll be selling it soon, but man this 38 contract is what I'm going to be ordering almost for sure! We are similar in measurements so I can't wait to hear and see how the jacket is fitting you. :eusa_clap

Cole

One of the Regulars
It has been delivered to our neighbours. To bad it is at least another 3,5 hours before I'm at home. These will be loooong 3,5 hours. :)

Cole

One of the Regulars
It's here. It's stiff and more boxy then I thought it would be and I'll try to get some daylight pictures tomorrow or on sunday. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner