Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A2 size 40

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Aero (Scotland) 1940 contract A2(this model has a collar stand)
Seal Brown Jerky horsehide, rust knits.
Tagged as size 40, which is what I usually wear. It's slightly snug on me, but I can wear it.
I stand 5'10, weigh 170 lbs.
Measurements (as best I can tell):
Shoulders 18.5"
Sleeve to shoulder 6.75"
Pit to Pit 21-22"
Sleeves with cuff approx 24.5 - 25"
The jacket is in very good to excellent condition.
I love Aero jackets, I have a Barnstormer in FQHH and a halfbelt in this same seal brown HH on order. Aero makes outstanding jackets, but I find the fit and style of the A2 is just not for me.

I am asking $375 USD, which includes shipping in the CONTUS. Outside CONTUS shipping costs will be added.

PM if interested.

HPIM2220.jpg

HPIM1478.jpg

HPIM1477.jpg

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
jacket

i would love to buy this, but I dont think a size 42 would fit me.
I think I would need a 44 or 46.
I am 6ft 220lbs.
Funny thing though, some old military stuff i can wear a 42 just fine.

gliderace

New in Town
I've put a thread out about sleeve lengths of A2s... However, just interested in this:

For the sleeves, what is your measure? Top of sleeve shoulder seam to end of leather (or end of cuff) and bottom (armpit seam) to end of cuff?

This looks like an excellent catch.

1911 Man

A-List Customer
The top of the sleeve to the end of the leather is 23", the bottom of the sleeve is 17". The knit cuff when extended adds another 2".

gliderace

New in Town
Very nice.
I think that those sleeves may be just 1" longer than my own G&B A2 (which I think needs another 1"). Here is a picture with measurements from seam-to-seam or seam-to-end of knit on my A2. Mine may be a little bit longer than yours, and is 22" armpit-to-armpit, zipped and flat.
Interested in a trade?
G_B_A2_1.JPG
G_B_A2_2.JPG

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Yes, still available.

Since you posted measurements of your size 40, I wanted to point out that even though this is tagged 40, it fits small. The shoulder to shoulder on yours is 19", but on mine is only about 18", maybe 18.5". If your interested, make sure that will fit you. I'm selling it because it runs too small for me, and I usually wear a size 40.

gliderace

New in Town
Thank you indeed for the heads-up. On mine, the 19" shoulder width is exactly right...any smaller and it'd be a bind. Good point.

I know a few people looking for A-2s... I'll ask around and point 'em your way.

Regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24