Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Anj4

Very nice review.
Aero people are great people and provide excellent service.
However on their A-2 metalwear , knits and labels are a bit...hmmm...out of line.
Maybe I ovelooked something but how are the zip and other metal parts here?
thanks and great report/review.
best.
and

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Very nice review.
Aero people are great people and provide excellent service.
However on their A-2 metalwear , knits and labels are a bit...hmmm...out of line.
Maybe I ovelooked something but how are the zip and other metal parts here?
thanks and great report/review.
best.
and

Aero and GW use the knits.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've heard it argued that the knits on originals stretched out easily, and that for accuracy's sake remakes should do the same thing, but that's unfettered cobblers imo.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Just to resuscitate this thread, I was down at Aero today and tried on the ANJ-4. It's fantastic on, a real winter-warmer, but also really stylish. I threw on a B-3 and while it was damn nice, it just wasn't for me - I think it may have been the collar and cuffs combo.
Interestingly, Aero have been experimenting making ANJ-4s using the lighter seal Irvin shearling.
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2780
To my eye it looks very similar to originals, but with added usability that comes with being a little lighter.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Just to resuscitate this thread, I was down at Aero today and tried on the ANJ-4. It's fantastic on, a real winter-warmer, but also really stylish. I threw on a B-3 and while it was damn nice, it just wasn't for me - I think it may have been the collar and cuffs combo.
Interestingly, Aero have been experimenting making ANJ-4s using the lighter seal Irvin shearling.
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2780
To my eye it looks very similar to originals, but with added usability that comes with being a little lighter.

That's one of my dream jackets. ANJ-4 with the lighter fleece for our climate. I would want to wear it more than just on the coldest day of the year. The ANJ-4 was the first Aero jacket I ever saw,and let me to this wicked place. I also really like the B-6 and D-1 but I just don't think the exposed cuff and waist would work for me.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think as an option, it would be a big pull, especially with the concealed storm cuff and contrast stitching on the new one. I'd probably go with the short zip and buttons, purely because it makes it easier to sit in.

Stand By

One Too Many
You're not kidding about El Niño and folks deciding they want an ANJ-4 too late. I heard on a TV report that the stats for this current one are equal to the previously highest-recorded one whereby Britain got one belter of a winter …
I never regretted lashing out on my Irvin and B-3. Sure, it stings at the time of ordering, but when winter has everyone in its icy grip and everyone's complaining - but you're feeling warm and snug and the jacket is the next best thing to still being in bed and looks great to boot - the cost is the last thing on your mind …

devilish

A-List Customer
An ANJ-4 might be the next big jacket purchase for me. I like the slightly less 'teddy bear' look as a change from the Irvin. Having said that though, I sure am glad that now I'm back in the UK (and actually looking forward to a real winter) I have an Irvin ready and waiting to go. It's now complete too, as I received a new elastic collar strap from Eastman today.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well, I bit the bullet, and pulled the trigger: ANJ-4, seal with seal-facings and a long zip. I blame you, Mr Lever! :D

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice one Sloan :) Should keep the chill wind out. Pictures when you get it ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy