Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero August in battered tan

Cooperson

One Too Many
Outstanding! I generally do not favor tan jackets, but this tan is uniquely gorgeous!

Likewise, I’ve never even considered a light colour hide before, always been a seal or dark seal man. This is just strangely different - it’s going to take some getting used to.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
That looks absolutely amazing! What a great looking leather and the fit is perfect.

I’ve never considered the August before, but seeing how it fits on you makes me really curious about it.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
Lovely hide; puts me in mind of how the 'natural' undyed hides turn out after a couple of years in the Sun. Lovely figuring on the back too. Almost looks like croc!

Edward

Bartender
I'm definitely interested in seeing more of August. Brilliant jacket, one of my favs from the regular line and this one is just too beautiful. Looks perfect on you! How's the action back? Must be really comfortable to move around in?

Was it you was talking about an Aero Indy recently? While they don't do one, it strikes me looking again at the August that it's pretty damn close if you add patch pockets on the front and delete the halfbelt. Even moreso if they dropped the yoke by a few inches down the back of the shoulders, and brought the action back out to the side-seams at top and bottom -

see
authentic-indiana-jones-raiders-of-lost-ark-leather-jacket-in-brown-lambskin-standard-stock-size-103-p.asp

vs

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0976/6918/products/Aero_August_back_close-up.jpg?v=1447475313[/quote]

Course, it could be that last bit where you'd run into problems; Aero are generally very open to reasonable tweaks here and there, but I know they are, fairly, not keen on significant alterations to the pattern.

Just realising looking at this thread that this jacket with patch pockets in front would be closer the Indy than the Royale. Maybe if the mouse wants to give Indy a new jacket, this is where they could start. ;)

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great fit and style with a no hands in the pockets pose that shows it off well. I have a Teamster in this hide that draws lots of complements. Unique.

It was seeing your Teamster that first had me even considering this hide, a stunning jacket by the way and my all time favourite longer half belt styles. Tan isn’t colour I would normally go for but it is a very striking hide, quite unique, I’m just struggling to find clothes to go with it at the moment. The Teamster is definitely on my radar for the future, just need to find a way to sneak another jacket past the misses.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
What’s the difference of the campfire label? The collar more pointed? But not as slim as the Premier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooperson

One Too Many
I’m happy to be corrected but I understood the campfire label was just another alternative label design that Aero uses from time to time. Nice to have in your Aero jacket collection if you haven’t yet got one.

zebedee

One Too Many
I want a Sunburst jacket in battered tan.

I can resist until I've sold the Stockman, and perhaps even then...

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks!! The August, albeit yet another boxy pattern, does look more premium with the new collar shape & new Bakelite fish rye buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ