Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero B-6

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Looking for a shearling coat and came across the Aero B-6. Does anyone here own an Aero Seal Brown Type B-6? I'm wondering how it fits, the warmth of it? Too bulky?

Here is the link to the website;

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=76

Any knowledge would be appreciated. Thx

I think it's one of the nicest jackets going around. If you live somewhere cold enough to get some use, jump all over it...

Damo

A-List Customer
guys thanks for all the photos and the info..

For the time being I have been able to get by with couple of layers under my schott 141 (liner in) for going from car to building. If and its probably more of a when I buy a winter leather coat I'm going to stick with a b-6 civilian type. I just like the look of it and figure It will be warm enough with a layer or two underneath. Once again thanks for all the help, you guys rock!

Monsoon

A-List Customer
How's the fit of an Aero B-6 compared to a ELC B-6?

I tried an ELC B-6 and it was just too trim at the "darts" in the back. Plus, that leather was REALLY stiff.

My wife said it looked good on me unzip. When it was zipped up, it looked like a "woman's jacket" since it was fitted in the back.

mr_lits

A-List Customer
I'll tell ya, I have a Good Wear B6 redskin 44 and it is the nicest jacket I own. It works for most winter days here in Alaska and I only need to break out the B3 when the weather dips into the negative digits.

I would go with the stiffer jacket at first and let it break in well. Shearling is a fickle thing and would always rather have a thicker leather than thinner. Just me.

The Good Wear is well worth the construction wait, really amazing stuff!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I'll tell ya, I have a Good Wear B6 redskin 44 and it is the nicest jacket I own. It works for most winter days here in Alaska and I only need to break out the B3 when the weather dips into the negative digits.

I would go with the stiffer jacket at first and let it break in well. Shearling is a fickle thing and would always rather have a thicker leather than thinner. Just me.

The Good Wear is well worth the construction wait, really amazing stuff!

Is there a 2 year waiting list for those as well?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Oh, you only have to give your final measurements and style when you get to the front of the queue. Otherwise, that would be mad. Just imagine: all those men around the world desperately trying to maintain the waist and jacket size, saying "No dessert for me darling, I have to think of the Werber!"

Edward

Bartender
The Goodwear Diet.... I think it could catch on. Certainly cheaper than some of the alternatives, and you get a cracking jacket out of it...

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Oh, you only have to give your final measurements and style when you get to the front of the queue. Otherwise, that would be mad. Just imagine: all those men around the world desperately trying to maintain the waist and jacket size, saying "No dessert for me darling, I have to think of the Werber!"

I would probably forgotten I'd ordered it by then, especially if it was a summer delivery haha

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think my Coastal Command and D-1 should be joined by a redskin Shearling.
Although I am not a fan of action backs and epaulettes, I am tempted by a B-6.
The action back has no elastic bands to keep it in shape. Will it still work without wearing out quickly? Are the pleats in the back somehow uncomfortable to lean against?
If in doubt, it can also be a redskin D-1.

Solstice 62

New in Town
I picked up aa Aero B6 redskin a few months ago, not worn it a huge amount, but it is very comfy, much more so than my Eastman B3, almost feels more like a fashion jacket than a tool for flying in, been out in the Caterham in it a few times and no discomfort from the back While driving.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I ordered a B-6 in redskin.
However, the question now is what size or what measurements are good.

Maybe you can give me some thoughts on this.

My D-1 is a size 42 and has a trim fit without being too tight. And ideally my B-6 will be the same.
But the B-6 has a different pattern and is narrower.
Except for the shoulders, the measurements of a 44 are slightly smaller than my 42 D-1.

The B-6 has an action back, which works without elastic (?) and should therefore always be a little unfolded. Can I take this into account when calculating the P2P? Because the measurement is taken in the folded state.
So, for example, a P2P of 23" will fit like a P2P 23.75"-24" because the actionback does what it is supposed to do?

Is the shoulder width wider on your B-6 than on other jackets?
My D-1 has 19.75" shoulder width, and a 44 B-6 has 21" according to Aero, which seems too much to me. What do you think?

To give you an idea, here is a picture of my D-1.
IMG_7695.jpeg

1691755235181.jpeg

1691755218025.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner