Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Barnstormer on eBay

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Under the hammer for £570! Anyone want to own up to getting it? Sounds about right for this time of night on eBay, and proves how much of investment one these things is.

wdw

One Too Many
That single star bidder was convenient for the seller, banging the price up to £550. Cynical - moi?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, that was a hell of a leap from £360 to £560, wasn't it? Oh well, it'll only sell for what the market will pay, but you're right, it is bit 'hmmm'.

Edward

Bartender
The Sam Walker jackets are so obviously not Aero's you could easily tell them apart.
Poorer quality hides, wonky stitching, larger stitch spacing and YKK zips, and a label saying "The Best leather Jackets in the World".
Whenever I see one advertised as 'Made by Aero for Sam Walker' I message the seller they were not and they NEVER take it off. Guess there are to many kudos in the Aero name.
They are not bad jackets, just not as good as an original Aero.

One thing I hate on ebay is sellers adding brand names to auction titles: Schott leather perfecto style jacket, Aero Buzz Rickson. Obviously to bring it up in search returns. eBay seem uninterested in stopping this, yet when I last put up a genuine Burberry for sale I was sent an automated accusation of trying to sell a counterfeit...

wdw

One Too Many
Seems a very high price to pay for a second hand probable compromise on colour, size and fit, but two genuine buyers thought it was worth it. I'd rather spend an extra £80 and get exactly what I wanted, with a guarantee. At least the buyer doesn't need to wait 4 months though.

Edward, I once had an item withdrawn by eBay for mentioning a second brand name, so I'm surprised people still get away with it.

majormajor

One Too Many
At least the buyer doesn't need to wait 4 months though.

For UK buyers, a trip up to Aero ought to be worth it. They do have jackets for sale on the racks in there. Worked for me! :D

I once had an item withdrawn by eBay for mentioning a second brand name, so I'm surprised people still get away with it.

Luck of the draw, unfortunately.:eeek:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
One thing I hate on ebay is sellers adding brand names to auction titles: Schott leather perfecto style jacket, Aero Buzz Rickson. Obviously to bring it up in search returns. eBay seem uninterested in stopping this, yet when I last put up a genuine Burberry for sale I was sent an automated accusation of trying to sell a counterfeit...

Guess everyone is probably guilty of trying to attract bids. My own admission would be "1960s Highwayman motorcycle jacket, Not Aero Leather" springs to mind. For those unfamiliar 'Highwayman' was a 1960-70s motorcycle jacket manufacturer on par with Lewis Leathers(I probably used that as well:rolleyes:)
I have been pulled up about selling things using the name Honda, Harley Davidson, Cartier(perfume bottle) and god knows what else. Also note you cannot list anything as Nearly New, Like New or As New. Now we have Pre-owned, Pre-worn and the, worst Pre-loved instead of used or secondhand. And for those American style bike jacket leathers I usually put 'Brando style'
JohnnyTee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran