Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Barnstormer on eBay

Panacheman

Familiar Face
I saw this and almost broke my no new jackets for 2012 pledge and jumped on it. its my size, color, every thing except the sleeves which are at least 2 inches too short for my orangutan arms.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
And in my size too:D. Probably finish about £400 after a scramble of last minute bids. Just stick your highest price in with 10 seconds to go, dont pussy about with £5 bids.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I saw this and almost broke my no new jackets for 2012 pledge and jumped on it. its my size, color, every thing except the sleeves which are at least 2 inches too short for my orangutan arms.

Is that too long in FL sleeve length terms, or in the slightly more normal outside-world terms? ;-D

Panacheman

Familiar Face
hmm i don't know what the lounge "consensus" :D is on sleeve length these days but in Panacheland they would be sitting an inch plus short of my wrist considering he measures those sleeves at 17in from pit to cuff and what i have in my closet ranges in the 18-19 range all broken in. still very tempting at these prices though

Davy Crockett

A-List Customer
Panacheman,
Maybe a little good news for you! I too have long arms (22.5" from my pit to between wrist and thumb knuckle) and I have just measured my Stockman which I was measured for by Will at Aero, he remarked I had long arms and that he would lengthen the sleeves by 1.5" and my jacket lies exactly between wrist and thumb knuckle(I like my sleeves to lie there!) on measuring, the actual sleeve length of my jacket pit to cuff it is 18", remember the pit of the jacket is below your actual pit! hope this is of some use to you.

D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It will, unfortunately, finish at the peak period for eBay traffic - Sunday evening is the period when, as Douglas Adams once said, everyone's had all the baths they can usefully have and are looking for something to do - so you may have to rely on people not wanting to blow cash this close to Christmas to keep the price down. Still, you could get a decent bargain there.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Too small for me so your safe from me bidding.
Only ever won one Aero jacket, a 25 year old Highwayman with a sheep lining. Posted some pics in the steer hide topic.
I've won a couple of Sam Walker knock offs but you can easily tell the difference in quality no matter what the seller implies.
J

Panacheman

Familiar Face
well thanks :eusa_clap and i was this close to forgetting about this jacket and letting it pass me by but now i'm trying to decide if i should go for this despite the sleeve length and how much i can risk spending :eusa_doh: You guys are a bunch of enablers ;)

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
There was a second hand one, same size in black on the Aero site for around the £400+ mark, if I wanted it thats what I would bid, but there may be a hundred others with the same idea.
Hate the term 'pre worn' 'pre loved' this looks like a great second hand jacket.:cool:

Edward

Bartender
Too small for me so your safe from me bidding.
Only ever won one Aero jacket, a 25 year old Highwayman with a sheep lining. Posted some pics in the steer hide topic.
I've won a couple of Sam Walker knock offs but you can easily tell the difference in quality no matter what the seller implies.
J

It's interesting how prevalent the story still is that Aero made the Sam Walker jackets, despite Holly (if memory serves) having confirmed a while back this is not the case. To be fair, its such a widespread myth that I do think most of the sellers are repeating it in good faith rather than trying to pull a fast one.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
It's interesting how prevalent the story still is that Aero made the Sam Walker jackets, despite Holly (if memory serves) having confirmed a while back this is not the case. To be fair, its such a widespread myth that I do think most of the sellers are repeating it in good faith rather than trying to pull a fast one.

The Sam Walker jackets are so obviously not Aero's you could easily tell them apart.
Poorer quality hides, wonky stitching, larger stitch spacing and YKK zips, and a label saying "The Best leather Jackets in the World".
Whenever I see one advertised as 'Made by Aero for Sam Walker' I message the seller they were not and they NEVER take it off. Guess there are to many kudos in the Aero name.
They are not bad jackets, just not as good as an original Aero.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Horses for courses. I'd say the sleeves were at least 1.5" too short for the seller. Once the leather starts wrinkling, the hands will look way too exposed.

Looking at the picture, it appears to me that the sleeves could be as much as 2.5" -3" longer, particularly as additional creasing occurs. I am slowly coming to the conclusion that sleeve length might be the most difficult factor to properly assess prior to the acquisition of a jacket.

wdw

One Too Many
Fanch, I've analysed sleeve lengths on TFL to death in the last couple of weeks and reckon that manufacturers should place standard dimensions for back and sleeve lengths in the descriptions of their jackets. Then the buyer can make an informed choice about what's right for them.

Going one step further, I would even suggest that FQHH manufacturers deliberately go long, given the wrinkling, as I'm beginning to think that sleeve length is the biggest single cause for concern, with almost all complainers worried about being too short. Seems so simple, now I think about it.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
WDW, I understand completely what what you are saying. If one is unhappy with what initially is initially perceived to be short sleeves on a FQHH jacket, several months later one will come to hate the positioning of sleeves on the broken in jacket.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran