Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero leather jacket guide

Loncster

New in Town
Hello everyone i really need your opinions on this subject!
I ordered a barnstormer in natural CXFQHH and i still can change the leather, However i really want a horsehide that actually feels like a real horsehide. i really love chromexcel and how it look. However i was stuck between natural vicenza and natural chromexcel but the only fucked up thing about natural vicenza is if you expose it to the rain it will get water spots and it's not temporary unfortunately.

Any suggestions for what's the best looking and lasting?

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure how you can say all that about chromexcel and still say you like it. But maybe look at unfinished horsehide. It's as real as it gets.

Loncster

New in Town
I'm not sure how you can say all that about chromexcel and still say you like it. But maybe look at unfinished horsehide. It's as real as it gets.
I said that because chromexcel was my first choice years ago but now i started to feel something weird about it. The unfinished horsehide looks great but do you have any pics of the color changes? you got me considering this leather on my jacket

3.14nche

One of the Regulars
These 2 threads have pictures of it

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
However i was stuck between natural vicenza and natural chromexcel but the only fucked up thing about natural vicenza is if you expose it to the rain it will get water spots and it's not temporary unfortunately.
If you're worried about natural Vicenza getting stains from the rain, then unfinished HH twice is not for you.
Although I can say that the fear is unfounded. My unfinished got wet several times and there were no bad stains.

Loncster

New in Town
If you're worried about natural Vicenza getting stains from the rain, then unfinished HH twice is not for you.
Although I can say that the fear is unfounded. My unfinished got wet several times and there were no bad stains.
I'm lost between those HH you're the expert what HH do you suggest?

MrProper

I'm lost between those HH you're the expert what HH do you suggest?
Unfortunately, I am not an expert.
I had a jacket in CXFQHH, a Shinki, an unfinished HH and a Vicenza. All the other jackets are steer or sheep.
Of all the HHs, I like Vicenza the best. CXFQHH is too stiff for everyday wear, although I would make an exception for the natural ;-)
The unfinished HH is thinner but still stiff. But it's actually too light for my taste and therefore only wearable in spring. In autumn/winter I prefer darker colours and in summer it's too warm for jackets. If I were to order a jacket in a natural colour now, it would probably be Vicenza.

Loncster

New in Town
Unfortunately, I am not an expert.
I had a jacket in CXFQHH, a Shinki, an unfinished HH and a Vicenza. All the other jackets are steer or sheep.
Of all the HHs, I like Vicenza the best. CXFQHH is too stiff for everyday wear, although I would make an exception for the natural ;-)
The unfinished HH is thinner but still stiff. But it's actually too light for my taste and therefore only wearable in spring. In autumn/winter I prefer darker colours and in summer it's too warm for jackets. If I were to order a jacket in a natural colour now, it would probably be Vicenza.
Yeah Vicenza works great with me but do you have any suggestions on what colors should Vicenza be on a barnstormer? Like a personal preference

MrProper

Yeah Vicenza works great with me but do you have any suggestions on what colors should Vicenza be on a barnstormer? Like a personal preference
I think I would take a Barnstormer in dark seal. Personally, however, I only know blackened brown, which I think is great and would take again at any time. But I could well imagine the Barnstormer in dark seal.

Loncster

New in Town
I think I would take a Barnstormer in dark seal. Personally, however, I only know blackened brown, which I think is great and would take again at any time. But I could well imagine the Barnstormer in dark seal.
I have a barnstormer in black badalassi so that's why I've gone with natural colors

MrProper

I have a barnstormer in black badalassi so that's why I've gone with natural colors
I must have misunderstood your question? If it's supposed to be natural, then Vicenza only comes in one color, natural. But you probably mean something else?

Loncster

New in Town
I must have misunderstood your question? If it's supposed to be natural, then Vicenza only comes in one color, natural. But you probably mean something else?
I wanted a natural color but i don't have have a problem getting any other color but just because it leaves some water stains i'm a bit worried about that so should i stick with the natural CXFQHH or the vicenza? Any thoughts?

MrProper

I wanted a natural color but i don't have have a problem getting any other color but just because it leaves some water stains i'm a bit worried about that so should i stick with the natural CXFQHH or the vicenza? Any thoughts?
I think any jacket in natural that isn't pampered will show its history (which I think is pretty cool, by the way). And if it's not water stains, it will be others. Those light colored jackets are a magnet for that. lol
I suspect of the natural jackets, the CXL is the most durable. For me, another advantage would be that it's a bit darker and will also get darker over time. The unfinished will also get a little darker, but more honey colored. My ranking is 1. CXL natural 2. Vicenza 3. unfinished HH.
But as I said, apart from unfinished, I don't know the leathers in natural, only in other colors. So I am only speculating.

Loncster

New in Town
I think any jacket in natural that isn't pampered will show its history (which I think is pretty cool, by the way). And if it's not water stains, it will be others. Those light colored jackets are a magnet for that. lol
I suspect of the natural jackets, the CXL is the most durable. For me, another advantage would be that it's a bit darker and will also get darker over time. The unfinished will also get a little darker, but more honey colored. My ranking is 1. CXL natural 2. Vicenza 3. unfinished HH.
But as I said, apart from unfinished, I don't know the leathers in natural, only in other colors. So I am only speculating.
Thanks for the help man really appreciate it. However i really wanted you to try ordering the barnstormer it's seriously a stunning design since jackets fit you perfectly you should give the barnstormer a shot especially in the badalassi leather i have a few pics of my barnstormer tell me what do you think!

Attachments

• EF5B841F-56F4-42EE-B468-0F6B836EA9DA.jpeg
    EF5B841F-56F4-42EE-B468-0F6B836EA9DA.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0724.jpeg
    IMG_0724.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 113

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner