Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Board Racer Leather help

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vicenza's pretty great. Honestly out of the samples I got the only one I didn't like was CXLHH, too stiff for my liking.
A matter of taste, but that's how I see it. I think Vicenza is the best in terms of feel, followed by CXSH, Badalassi and unfinished HH. Unfortunately, I don't know any other leathers from Aero.

Zetachaox

New in Town
A matter of taste, but that's how I see it. I think Vicenza is the best in terms of feel, followed by CXSH, Badalassi and unfinished HH. Unfortunately, I don't know any other leathers from Aero.
Of course, I can see why someone would appreciate the armor-like qualities of the stiffer leathers. I haven't had a chance to make a purchase, but personally I quite enjoyed goatskin's softness and scuff resistance from playing with the samples. I know it's not the most popular choice though.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
but personally I quite enjoyed goatskin's softness and scuff resistance from playing with the samples. I know it's not the most popular choice though.
I'm not so sure about that. I think there are quite a few people who prefer the softer leather rather than the Roman leather armour.
I like something in the middle. Nothing too soft and flabby, but not too hard either. If soft, then the leather has to be thick. Vicenza is a good compromise for me. Not too thick, not too flabby, comfortable to wear.
My first FQHH was cool, but it was actually too stiff for a long time. But I'm learning ;-)
Incidentally, CXSH (at least the ones I have) are much softer than CXFQHH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner