Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Bootlegger Fit Check - too short?

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks All for chiming in!

I agree once I see a problem it can't be unseen even it's boarderline...

Off to classified it goes! Such a pity…

FYI I'm 5’11 160lb. This probably will fit best for someone 5’8~5’10
I would guess based on your frame and how you like to wear your jacket you will need to add length to the vintage patterns in the body and perhaps the sleeves like Thruston Brothers does automatically to Aero patterns.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
to add length to the vintage patterns in the body and perhaps the sleeves like Thruston Brothers does automatically to Aero patterns.

To me that sounds like a very weird practice. If I order 25" body length, I want (and expect) 25" body length. Not 26".

johng70

New in Town
I had the same issue with the first Highwayman I got. I didn't like the short length - I prefer my jacket to reach my belt. After being unhappy for a year I ordered a new one with 2" extra and I've been much happier. I'm more concerned with how I like a jacket to fit rather than how it fit 60 years ago.

marker2037

Practically Family
To me that sounds like a very weird practice. If I order 25" body length, I want (and expect) 25" body length. Not 26".
They don't do that for custom orders. They just order typically a longer length in sleeve and body for their stock jackets over what the typical dimensions are from Aero to account for modern customers wearing lower rise pants.

I ordered my jacket at 24" and I got 24".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko