Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Bootlegger Fit Check - too short?

jszair

New in Town
Got my bootlegger today. Very cool pattern but I feel the length is a bit short than I used to. I had to tuck in my T-shirt to make it not look weird.

Comments?

C053E087-6739-4C1C-A255-C4CAF49456BD.jpeg 82184E5D-5DF9-4E05-AC45-C1B3A16B4454.jpeg 00D725A0-DF3C-4F2A-BDBD-B8F9A5FDEC81.jpeg 6A7333CE-CCBE-4385-A47B-76EEFA7C1852.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Try taking photos of it zipped up with your shirt tucked in.

Kind of hard to tell based off these photos.

Sleeves look good as does the upper body.

It does appear to cover your belt, which is typically "good"

Mich486

One Too Many
I think it’s probably a case of you needing a size up. To me this style shouldn’t wear this tight across the chest and I think sizing up the length would also feel better.

For me this is the “borderline” zone. It certainly works. I do tend to agree with Mich. a size up and it wouldn’t look or feel nearly as short. I wouldn’t suggest basing the length on the t-shirt. You would end up with a zipped peacoat!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
View attachment 374056

There you go. Belt loop peaking out slightly

To me the photo looks like you are bending slightly which makes the front of the jacket cover the front belt line more than it would normaly. I think the jacket needs about an inch in length and it would be dead on perfect. Having said that you can get away with it the way it is. I agree with Ton it is borderline.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Fully agree with Tony & OneTerrificHog - it's "close" but you may not be fully comfortable with it as is.

This is the issue I have with similarly "borderline short" cross-zip styles. Here is my beloved, but ill-fitting (to me) Aero Indian Ranger. Note the circled area in blue. Part of this is likley my need to drop ~ 10 lbs in that area too...

upload_2021-10-29_20-31-11.png

Edward

Bartender
Length looks right to me, though I don't wear "modern" jeans with a waistband below the natural waist, and never go untucked. I don't think it would be worth changing anything for the sake of one more inch, ymmv.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
It looks good to me, jacket with zipper started from the bottom to me better be at waist length, longer jacket looks better with some splay below the zipper box. regarding part of the belt or belt buckle showing, it is a matter of taste, especially since the jacket don't have a belt on it, to me it is fine if half of the belt shown from some angle, it would be too short if the whole belt is shown or is shorter than where the pants waistline is. and beside do you plan to wear it mostly zipped or mostly open, if you wear it mostly open the weight of the front panel will sag it down and it will look long once the jacket drapes a bit

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
I think it looks perfect in all dimensions except for the front drop, unless you wear it with higher waisted jeans—Or just leave it open.

I think the cut is intentional for the type of jacket. Hunched over on a motorcycle, your back would be covered, and the front wouldn’t bunch up uncomfortably in your lap.

One thing I’ve been thinking a lot about is how we see jackets styled on Instagram and on website/catalog shoots. They only use the good angles, typically. Which is why if you stand a certain way or raise your arms above your head, a jacket might look weird—And not like Instagram. It seems to be one more area where we’re comparing a carefully crafted and curated image to real life. Real life never looks quite so good.
B5890315-C16E-4F17-BCC6-FB5D72D08EEF.jpeg

jglf

A-List Customer
Too short unless you wear high waisted jeans and always tuck your shirt in. I don’t tuck in my shirts, but none of them hang more than an inch or two below my jackets. I also prefer the front hem to be a little longer than the back where yours seems to be the opposite.

jszair

New in Town
Thanks All for chiming in!

I agree once I see a problem it can't be unseen even it's boarderline...

Off to classified it goes! Such a pity…

FYI I'm 5’11 160lb. This probably will fit best for someone 5’8~5’10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto