Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Bootlegger - which leather?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I've one in russet Jerky Horse, mid-weight hide. It was a little smelly at first but it's rounded into my go-to spring and fall. I'll NEVER do FQHH again... too heavy and bulky.

Worf

Guardian Enzo

One of the Regulars
I would add here that having taken delivery on my tumbled FQHH Bootlegger (pics a few threads down), I don't find it especially bulky and it's not at all stiff - it's not a lightweight by any means but it wears very comfortably right out of the box.

bjorn toulouse

New in Town
I was at the factory two weeks ago getting fitted for a Bootlegger. Great service. I looked at various leathers and was leaning towards the Italian horse hide. The chap who was serving me owned the same jacket in American Horse hide and got it from his car to try on. Well american horse hide it is them. Once I get a sample of my preferred tweed sent down to them Harris and they ok it for the lining the deposit will be paid and hopefully in 6 weeks I will have a new jacket for spring.
The thing that put me off the Dry tumbled finish was you just don't know how it will turn out. It is softer and more supple though.
Bizarrely It ends up my 80's highwayman I was getting re lined ends up being Connelly Leather, they stopped using them years ago. You live and learn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn