Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aero detachable collar

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
hi,the detatchable collar on my aero long halfbelt/hercules hybrid doesnt seem to sit right,,it is only attatched to the jacket with 2 buttons,this makes the collar ride up,,has anyone else had this prob?will has said he would look at the jacket,but i dont want my jacket away for months with winter almost here,,think just gonna junk the collar @ make do with a scarf,,,,

I ordered one on mine, but I must say that all the jackets that I own with them are a bit finicky. But maybe a pic would help?
You can't gripe about it if you're not willing to send it back to get fixed...aside from the disappointment if it is indeed problematic of course.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Same thing happens with mine Peter. I think it's probably not the best design, and the thickness of the FQHH doesn't help either.

It really annoys me to be constantly adjusting it, so I thought about sewing a couple of buttons to the lining and making a few button loops?

Anyone else got any ideas?

If mine were to bug me like that, I might go to a local tailor that can handle leather-work and see if they could add more anchor points.
It might also pay off to try and work in the leather of the collar with water/heat, etc. Maybe once the stiffness goes away, it will be more compliant.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Aether,,thats what i think,its a design issue,one i will live with ,but on a £600plus jacket?,,,anyone want a(free) cordovan collar,:p

Aether

One of the Regulars
It might also pay off to try and work in the leather of the collar with water/heat, etc. Maybe once the stiffness goes away, it will be more compliant.
I'd hoped that would be the case, but my jacket is pretty well broken in now after a year or so and the collar still won't stay put. I did try wetting the collar and 'working' it a bit, no joy.

I think you're right though Butte, I'm going to have to get a tailor to sort it out...Or I could try and fashion something myself out of the various leather samples Aero have sent me over the years...

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
all aero has to do is copy the fitting of schott detatchable collars @ prob solved,,,basic design mistake,the two button fitting doesnt work [huh]

Aether

One of the Regulars
I think I ordered one on my new jacket. I'll see this week.
It's been a long time ;)

Be strong Butte, it'll be on your back before you know it!

Design issues aside, the mouton looks and feels great. You'll be happy that you went for it I'm sure...

Please excuse the flying coat-hanger.
P1040388.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara