Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Grand Theft Sale – who's going?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
In four more days we will be at the eve of the big sale. Is anyone camping out overnight in order to be first in line? :D Will those at the end of the line trample over those closer to the front door in order to get to the goods first? :eek: Wish I could be there. :(

Wonder if they'll only let a few customers in at a time ...or if it will be a free for all when they open the doors like soccer mom grabbers at a Target sale..?? Surely they'll have a few bouncers...;):D

dan_t

Practically Family
Well, I certainly hope it's a very successful day for the folk at Aero & all of their committed customers.
Would love to be there, but being quite literally on the other side of the world, it's not possible.
Keen to have a look on the website afterwards........

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
Having had time for a more critical review of the list, there are probably only 5 jackets that might fit me. I am just looking forward to taking some time out of the quotidian and, if I pick something up, that will be a bonus. Any of the customers attending will be far too cool for a Black Friday style scrum. I am sure it will entirely cordial.

willyto

One Too Many
I'm packing for tomorrow already and after checking the weather it looks like it will be colder than I expected. Scotish summer seems to be like our Autumn/winter here in Barcelona!

Brettafett

One Too Many
+2
Sloan, Willy, its time to try a hand at modeling leather. I'd like to see A-2s and Racers please, (specifically a 1756 and 3785 if possible).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I'm packing for tomorrow already and after checking the weather it looks like it will be colder than I expected. Scotish summer seems to be like our Autumn/winter here in Barcelona!
When I visited Scotland last month, it was COLD, and I found the wind chill to be an additional factor. Most days during February in N Texas seem warmer than July in Scotland.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Looks like rain and I'm on the bike :( Could have gone on the train but no reasonable accommodation left nearby so staying near Duns. Guess I could have used trains and busses thinking about it now

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

Depends on what day of the week it is. Wednesday, it was mid-20Cs, today it's 21C. Unfortunately, rain is forecast for the weekend, so it's likely to be upper-mid-teens.

Stand By

One Too Many
Oh, what I wouldn't give for some cooler temps and a nice westerly wind to cool me down. It's been roasting over here all summer long. I've been biking to and from work every day and sometimes it's been windy too (always a headwind. Both directions!), but it's only made it feel like riding in a fan-assisted oven set to Gas Mark 4. And the sun's been searing - and with the humidity, it's even felt ... dangerous, you know? When the sweat just isn't evaporating or cooling and I can feel some serious over-heating going on. And the end just doesn't feel in sight ... I haven't put on a jacket in months ... so to be in the cool climes of Scotland and looking for a good jacket feels like a dream!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
'Big Suzi' all packed up ready for the off. Yes that is an old caravan being used as a top box, panniers don't hold that much and I always take emergency stuff.

IMG_1317_zpsuixx5fme.jpg
:)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
There should be a great deal of data on Aero's Instagram within the next 2-3 days. Lots of excitement in the works.

Stand By

One Too Many
'Big Suzi' all packed up ready for the off. Yes that is an old caravan being used as a top box, panniers don't hold that much and I always take emergency stuff.

IMG_1317_zpsuixx5fme.jpg
:)

I hope you have your waterproof gear with you ...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...forecasters-say-s-Atlantic-storm-brewing.html

Here, Saturday's set for 31C but, with the humidity, it'll be feeling like 41C! Cooking.
We've grown corn in the front garden this year. Corn! You should see it. The plants are bloody 6 feet high! Our next door neighbours are growing grapes! They're turning purple now. So it's wet and cooler in Scotland. I'd take it.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Had it hot in southern England the last 2 weeks. Got my waterproofs yes haha. Setting off in normal Power Ranger outfit with waterproofs at easy access point.
If there is a bus from my lodging to Gala I may use that rather than a drenching, but then that won't be an adventure will it with no stories to tell :(
So Gang, if you see a red and black Busa around the Borders this Friday Saturday Sunday, give us a wave eh :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn