Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Grand Theft Sale – who's going?

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
I'm no longer going, sadly. The size 40s are all A-2s and I've got one of those. Some of those boots look fetching, though, and I'll keep an eye out for the denim, too, online.

I was also worried about an early doors scrum of leather, beards and hobnailed boots but maybe you're right and Aeroistas are way too hip to scrap at a bargain sale.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
I'm no longer going, sadly. The size 40s are all A-2s and I've got one of those. Some of those boots look fetching, though, and I'll keep an eye out for the denim, too, online.

I was also worried about an early doors scrum of leather, beards and hobnailed boots but maybe you're right and Aeroistas are way too hip to scrap at a bargain sale.

There have been a lot more size 40" of various styles ( no more A2's) added to the sale, we are adding daily.
We will be releasing a list on Sunday afternoon of all of the jackets to go into Monday's online sale.

willyto

One Too Many
The weather in Scotland almost made me go crazy choosing the clothes I should bring.

Tomorrow I'll arrive in Edinburgh so I guess the only chance I have to check the forum and write here is during the evenings at the hotel with the wifi. See you all there and feel free to send me a PM in order to recognise each other in Galashiels.

I'll be easy to find with my moustache, I plan to go early in the morning when the event starts.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Might be a good idea not to take a jacket then there will be no chance of someone trying to buy yours when you put it down to try on a sale item:)

This already been thought about so to limit the risk of customers jackets getting mixed up with sale jackets and also for space we will be operating a cloakroom and will ask all customers to check in jackets and bags before entering the sale area.
The sale area is taking shape and getting extremely full of Jackets, Denim, Footwear, T-Shirts. There is a huge amount of items all at fantastic prices

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
I suspect that given the way most on here (me included) fret about details, it may not be just that fast paced. Out of interest, a general question. How far would you compromise based on the price? For example, when I first decided to go it was in the hope of 30's half belt or nothing. Now, I am not so sure. I like the half belt deluxe but am not keen on the cuff studs - I would prefer buttons. How much of a reduction would it take or should there be no compromise?

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Looking at the list, I am a bit surprised that almost half of the jackets are listed as used. I am also interested in the denim....

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
So many visitors will be descending on Galashiels that the locals will think they are being invaded. :eek:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
The weather in Scotland almost made me go crazy choosing the clothes I should bring.

Tomorrow I'll arrive in Edinburgh so I guess the only chance I have to check the forum and write here is during the evenings at the hotel with the wifi. See you all there and feel free to send me a PM in order to recognise each other in Galashiels.

I'll be easy to find with my moustache, I plan to go early in the morning when the event starts.
I will be the soggy Power Ranger. Got to Duns ok but now it's pouring and probably will be tomorrow.
Wanted to stay in Gala but with all that is going on in this area there are no cheap digs going this late in the day. As it is, slightly out of town for £90 for 2 nights.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
So many visitors will be descending on Galashiels that the locals will think they are being invaded. :eek:
No room at the Inn mate.
I'm just going to join in the fun, if I buy then it's a bonus. I'm guessing everything is for sale including the full price stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace