Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero halfbelt camp?

garzo

One of the Regulars
I just came across this Schott "Hercules"-style jacket -- I've never seen one like this before and thought it might be of interest, although it's not exactly a half belt.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Schott-Lederjacke-vintage-hercules-steerhide-aero_W0QQitemZ110405237248QQcmdZViewItemQQptZKleidung_Accessoires_Herrenbekleidung_Herrenjacken_M%C3%A4ntel?hash=item19b4aa3a00&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1229|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Thanks, Garzo. I like it but it's a bit too busy for me in the design. Don't get me wrong about Aeros, by the way. They're fantastic jackets; I'm just not sure I've found the right one yet. Like women.

Fiver64

Practically Family
All about taste

If a person wearing parachute pants and propeller beanie says you have a "campy" jacket, does it make it fact? IMHO, I agree with the other folks. Ever consider that the person who said it has no taste?:rolleyes:

RP McMurphy

One of the Regulars
My advice? Hang on to that jacket!

The half-belt is perhaps one of the most basic designs of classic leather jackets. I say this not because I feel that it is too simple, but rather because it is one that is wearable. I say wear that thing until it falls apart. Then wear the scraps. Make it your own.

Wear and enjoy, and if down the road you need a second jacket... well, everybody needs two (or three, or four... maybe five or :) ) right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace