Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero has midnight blue CXL in stock for limited run

kronos77

One of the Regulars
I have a sample of this. I washed it, twisted it, bent it and wore it out. It isn't blue enough for me. In fact it looks like cold black, not anything like midnight blue. Definitely get a sample before you decide.

Remember all the blue talk we had a while back? Blue is a tough color to nail and be wearable - unless you're at an 80's party, Back To The Future party, or a MotoGP paddock. That looks nice, but I'd really have to see more pics and probably one in person before even trying it...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Remember all the blue talk we had a while back? Blue is a tough color to nail and be wearable - unless you're at an 80's party, Back To The Future party, or a MotoGP paddock. That looks nice, but I'd really have to see more pics and probably one in person before even trying it...

I'd be the guinea pig right here and now if I had the dough.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Amazing to think that after the blue mania, mainly from BK, the only two we saw were from Buzz and Aero (MM's jacket). Both nice, but I think most people felt it was too niche. I would say the midnight blue is a nice low-key way of stepping out of the normal colour range. I think Edward has a jacket in it.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting colour if you were already in the process of ordering but not enough for me to plan one specifically to be made in it.

tropicalbob

I don't know, that Levi's collaboration in goat on the Aero Used page keeps calling me. Might look great with a pair of black (or blue) jeans and a t-shirt. A little unusual.

ProteinNerd

I don't know, that Levi's collaboration in goat on the Aero Used page keeps calling me. Might look great with a pair of black (or blue) jeans and a t-shirt. A little unusual.

I think that is my old jacket, same design as their speedway. Just be aware that its VERY cropped, I've posted about it here but I think from memory the back was 21 inches long. Sleeves were also pretty short for a large

Edward

Bartender
Amazing to think that after the blue mania, mainly from BK, the only two we saw were from Buzz and Aero (MM's jacket). Both nice, but I think most people felt it was too niche. I would say the midnight blue is a nice low-key way of stepping out of the normal colour range. I think Edward has a jacket in it.

Not currently.... My Dustbowl is the Horween bison in black - lovely hide, but it wears to the natural leather colour underneath, not a blue. I'd definitely consider this stuff, though - I'd love it in one of the Aero MC jackets. I think it's a hide I'd like: I loved the blue undertones in the old Levis jackets I've seen, but the black wears off too much on those - I'd rather something much subtler.

Would look great on somethingl ike a Lewis Lightning too.

tropicalbob

I think that is my old jacket, same design as their speedway. Just be aware that its VERY cropped, I've posted about it here but I think from memory the back was 21 inches long. Sleeves were also pretty short for a large

I hear what you're saying. I can't afford to risk money on a Bolero possibility. Still, I'm going to be in the market for a black jacket in the coming year, and I'm wondering what a Hercules (the old Aero style with the piping down the front) would be like in this leather as it wore in.

bepoq

New in Town
One of those jackets that stick in the mind—I went to an Echo and the Bunnymen concert in the 80's, and Ian McCullough was wearing a dark blue half belted biker jacket, think it was a bit lighter than this stuff, toward Union blue, but not by much, you still had to be paying attention to see it was blue. Looked for one like it for years, thought it was the coolest jacket just about ever (really liked Echo and the Bunnymen...). Never found...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Blue can be a great color. Surprised no one jumped in when several of the manufacturers were hyped on the blue some time ago. That was a fun couple of weeks that turned out to be pretty uneventful.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I liked some of those blues. I still needed a couple of meat and potatoes jackets before going too exotic. I would like to see a few of them with some wear and tear.

Once I actually had all the blue samples in hand, I realized that a blue leather jacket would scream "Hey, look at me, I'm a dodgers fan!" It has to be very blackish to be cool IMHO.

I have a bunch of the blue samples still. Only way I could roll it is if I got a cafe/biker type jacket. Anything else would just not age (style-wise) well.
This darker stuff might be cool for a cafe jacket. If I were flush with expendable cash, I might try it...but I'm not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot